Virginia vs North Texas Discussion Thread

Do we know Kody’s status for tomorrow? Didn’t Bennett say he couldn’t go in the 2nd half on Wednesday?

1 Like

Am pretty sure TB said Kody was unavailable second half. Have not heard since.

5 Likes

Yeah - Kody couldn’t play second half according to Tony. I bet we see him today.

NIT just named the referees for tomorrows game. Due to the expected pace of play, they are giving this guy a chance to ref a tournament game. I think he will be fine….

10 Likes

Don’t doubt a big man running, that’s a force to be reckoned with.

1 Like

Oh so the only reason Taine played is because Kody was hurt? Of course

3 Likes

Over under on minutes for Taine? 10?

1 Like

If Kody is back I’d take under 3 minutes if Kody is not back I’m still taking the over 10.

Bottom line is when you have a weapon like the Stattmann you have to get him minutes at all costs

4 Likes

Yep - Tony said in post game he found out no Kody for 2nd half and then went to Taine and Malachi and told them to be ready … still wouldn’t commit to one or the other.

1 Like

Surely we will beat these guys (and stop calling me Shirley)

7 Likes

Wow I thought the game was today. Turns out it’s tomorrow.

3 Likes

Man that’s genius.

Pretty sure we are going to out-pace the Mean Green tomorrow. Don’t think they can keep up with us as we are ranked higher than them. Both teams are wearing Chuck Taylors tomorrow by the way.

6 Likes

Game Day!!! We are still alive and Bass Tech is home for the summer. Let’s keep it rolling against The Mean Green from UNT. Tip-off is at 6PM EST and make sure to join us at 5:30 PM for the LRA pre-game show. We will be previewing the game and catching up on all of the noteworthy NCAA tournament action! Go 'Hoos!!

10 Likes

According to their coaches BIO Mean Green beat Purdue in OT last year in NCAA Tourney. Anyone else remember that? I do not

2 Likes

Nope don’t remember that at all

I legit may have made it up. But think I just read it

I remember it happened. Didn’t watch. I remember all the hype about McCasland and some other former Drew assistant, who also won, I think.

Also, I’ve been blocking out that I have to pay to watch this game. The last time I paid to watch a UVa game on the internet, we crushed Towson. Hopefully a trend…

4 Likes

This team has won a lot of games the last two years. They won Conf. USA regular season the last two years - record was 25-6 this year and 25-6 last year. They can play.

2 Likes

And dont forget Coach Mac was in Jonesboro for a season with Arkansas State.

I miss Flow Hoops. announcers were accidently hilarious

5 Likes

There were quite a few unintentional hilarious moments.

3 Likes