Wake Forest Thread

Thanks for this thread.I had forgotten about it. Think I’ll go watch the rest of it.

1 Like

Debbie Antonelli does a really good job. I much prefer a color commentator who sees their role as “game analyst” and not “entertainer.” She just wants to talk hoops.

6 Likes

I will say that Wake is just eating UVA alive on the boards, but Wake can’t hit the broad side of a barn so it works out.

2 Likes

What’s going on w/ the defensive rebounding???

2 Likes

UVA has been getting whistled for everything this quarter too so its kinda weird.

Edit - 6 fouls on UVA in the first 5 minutes of the quarter.

1 Like

We win yet???

2 Likes

4 minutes left… up 21 still… 65-41

2 Likes

All the UVA guards do the windmill layup that Kihei does… it is not very efficient.

3 Likes

That looked bad, but honestly if the Wake player had been a half second slower it’d have been a foul on Taylor instead.

2 Likes

Brunelle’s a great player who does everything well, but she moves like her knees hurt constantly.

2 Likes

Halfway to our ACC win total from last year after one game.

6.6% of the way to matching Tina Thompson’s career ACC win total (3 full years plus an 0-2 COVID campaign).

6 Likes

Same note too. She plays an old woman’s game at 22. Sad that her body betrayed her so quickly.

2 Likes

I worry her knees probably do hurt constantly. The first game, she started playing with braces on, eventually ditched them, but the fact she even tried tells us it’s not a minor issue.

2 Likes

She looks like she’ll have two new ones by the time shes 40.

2 Likes

great win… things to work on are free throws (Wake even more so… I thnk they were under 50%) and box out drills. Possibly not as much hero ball on fast breaks.

2 Likes

Massey predicted a 64-63 UVA victory, once again we way outperformed expectations. WE BACK (to at least mid-ACC respectability).

9 Likes

I’ll take it. Huge step from where they were

7 Likes

The PGs, though especially Valladay, have a tendency to get hero-ball-y late in the shot-clock too. Valladay did seem to get better about it as the game went on, though. Mox is probably talking to her about it.

2 Likes

I think its fun that we’re actually talking about the game afterwards, rather than forgetting it was on the schedule until a couple days later.

6 Likes

Agreed it’s pretty qwesomw watching the program grow. It feels like you’re imnon the ground floor of something special

4 Likes