Coach Mox recruiting domination

… or as my UK neighbors would say… Aluminium / Aluminum… still blows my mind.

1 Like

Just a 10 min debate about thay with my therapist who is Welsh. We also touched on the important topic of why we (Americans) call it a sidewalk. And why is it a dustbin and not a trash can especially if it was originally meant for ashes

2 Likes

Ask them why they call private schools public schools. That answer is always good for a laugh.

2 Likes

Haha i forgot to get him going on that. We did spend a few mins laughing at accents from the valley

1 Like

My kids go to a British state school in Germany…

So many different words for different things… it really blew my mind when living there.

My kids use them all since they go to British school… some of my favorites:

1. Khaki in the UK means shit pants… they say Kharki
  2. Fanny is a women’s privates… so they say Bum Bag instead of Fanny Pack
  3. Spastic is a bad word… old lady smacked me for it in a pub one day
  4. Rubber is eraser… so my kids always ask me if I’ve seen a rubber
  5. Dummy is the British word for pacifier… so a baby’s dummy is not their dad like me… it’s their pacifier
  6. Squash is juice from concentrate… not the vegetable… my wife was in charge of making tea for one of my cricket games and didn’t know what squash was, so she served it without diluting it with water… hilarity ensued
  7. British meals are Breakfast, Dinner, Tea, Supper… confused me all the time
  8. The two finger peace sign with your palm facing you = F You… Americans get this terribly wrong a lot
  9. British lemonade is just soda water… I asked the people in my pub one time how to order an American lemonade… none of them had any idea
  10. Bacon is really ham… to get American Bacon… it has to really say crispy bacon

I’m going to stop at 10… unless enough people want me to continue… I really think I could hit 100 on these. LOL!

6 Likes

This is hitting me in all my sweet spots. Break this out and make it it’s own thread.

3 Likes

Continue please Nut. Another thread and I can try and add some good Brasil slang and maybe Fayetteville TN as well

4 Likes

This became a thing this week with Lizzo.

2 Likes

Funny from a society where dropping the work c##t is perfectly acceptable in many circles.

4 Likes

Haney talking Lizzo. This place just took an amazing twist.

4 Likes

I saw it trending on Twitter. Don’t give me too much credit. :joy:

3 Likes

Lol. Was watching The Boys, and Butcher casually drops it in front of MM’s teen daughter and she’s like “wtf?” and he makes a rare apology.

2 Likes

jog on hot fuzz GIF

Well this make a lot more sense now. Thanks.

4 Likes

Let me know what you got on Meghan Thee Stallion please

3 Likes

Doug nailed it. Jazz really is the most interesting man in the world.

4 Likes

Believe she wrote a hit song about a cat.

3 Likes

It never ends with this dude. Jazz goes beyond the end of the internet level shit

I bet he cant shoot the 3 though!!!

2 Likes

The one that got wet when it fell in the pool? DELETE!

3 Likes

To be fair MTS was only featured on the song by Cardi B. This is Torvik level rap knowledge

4 Likes

What in the world are y’all talking about?

2 Likes