What's your New Year's fan resolution?

This isn’t about personal stuff like getting back in shape. We’re talking about ways to improve as a Virginia fan or sports fan in general, or maybe just be a better member of the fan community.

I have two

1. Be kind to those that don’t necessarily deserve it. That’s never been a problem on LRA, but sometimes I do snap at the know nothing know it alls on social media. They’re not all trolls. Some of them mean well.

2. Get back to basics. I need to remember that not everyone is a diehard fan who’s followed recruiting for years. Explain more and in simpler terms.

9 Likes

Great great geeat topic making me examine myself. Here’s what I have

1. More patience with other fans announcers and even UVa players. Im often too critical and expect perfection and need to relax on that.

2)Live in the moment. Dont let expectations or whatever rule how I watch games.

6 Likes

Mine is to remember that 2019 was a very special year and to not judge 2020 and beyond against it.

9 Likes

I’ll second that! 2019 was a special year for UVA basketball. So Im going to make sure I dont take our program for granted when we lose. Going to still have down moments, so my commitment is not to get down during those down times. Go Hoos!

7 Likes

Mine is to begin posting on this board and using it more. Best content for anything uva basketball related I’ve seen, and posters here seem to be the most welcoming of all boards I’ve seen. Excellent work HGN, TW, and all other staffers!

12 Likes

I’m glad this subject was brought up.
Mine is to not let my emotions get in the way of the sheer joy I get from being a huge fan of UVA basketball

8 Likes

Continue to focus on the pillars in my day to day life (including fandom)

9 Likes

That’s a big one!! @HOOps.fan.in.KY

5 Likes

This is a great one and I can’t think of a more suitable resolution for me to adopt.

6 Likes

@JBHoo . Thank you JB. Appreciate that.

It’s a whole new year…so trying not to compare everything to that championship run has gotta be my Fan NYR. Hard to do…

6 Likes

Make it to more games, especially football.

Watch more games with friends and UVA fans.

7 Likes

Make it to more games in person as well and post LockerRoomAccess to comments sections of Virginia basketball articles to get more and more perspective from Hoos like us.

7 Likes

I gotta agree with @Merch. Sometimes we just gotta sit back and realize that all these guys are just teenagers, and, like us, they are FAR from perfect

6 Likes

I was thinking about the age thing the other day and wish some people would keep this in mind before bashing players (not just UVA basketball, speaking of college sports in general). These are student athletes who are typically 18-22 years old, and I think that’s something a lot of peole lose sight of.

6 Likes
  1. Definitely calm down with a lot of sport things like Announcers, Refs, ETC.
  2. Go to the East and see a UVA Sports game in person
5 Likes

I resolve to be a better “traveling fan.” I’ve had football season tickets for many years and since I live in west Richmond I rarely miss one. I also get to Hooville for lax, b-ball and baseball as often as I can but rarely have I traveled to support our teams. I will do so in 2020 as these players deserve support wherever they play.

I will also be a better fan and supporter of our women’s teams. One of my neighbors made second boat on the crew team and I will support her efforts as well as the many other female athletes who give their all for their teams, school and community.

We are SO lucky. Go hoos - Wahoowa

8 Likes

For 2020 when I’m watching at home, need to get myself and my kids up off the couch and into good defensive stance to help the team get big stops. Always stay encouraged, even through the droughts. Celebrate the team and have fun. Win or lose, love these ‘hoos.

9 Likes

you gotta share a foto of the squad in a stance watchin UVa hoops. love that idea!

4 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :clap: Wish I could like that post more than once.

3 Likes

Maybe get a 5 second call on grabbing a beer from the fridge. Or 10 seconds like we just got

5 Likes