"Why is there no Buchanan thread?" thread

Well, if you want to talk about that, cool, but I thought we needed a thread to talk about Buchanan.

Is Buchanan:

• High Floor / Low Upside
  • Low Floor / High Upside
  • High Floor / High Upside

0 voters

I will go with high floor, high upside. If he can be a shot blocker, and he’s decently athletic, I think he’s got a chance to be in the Akil/Darion/Mamadi mold. And I think I see the beginnings of some crafty moves and maybe the hint of a jumper. Realistically, his floor is probably south of those very athletic / very skilled defenders, but I think his offensive median is probably north of what we got from Darion and Akil (certainly well north of senior year “screw in his hand” Akil).

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfI7JLVlLpM/

2 Likes

He is just so mobile. He could be a really special defender with the ability to switch onto 4s and maybe some 3s

5 Likes

I think we should be pretty excited to have traudt and Buchanan potentially overlapping for 3 years (and you still have Kadin bridging the gap for a year).

6 Likes

He’s really good. Ironically every comp I can think of for him are Gonzaga bigs (Timme, Sabonis, etc). He finishes around the basket like Timme.

5 Likes