Winter Recruiting Thread

Coincidentially this just popped up on twitter.

10 Likes

That’s the nerdiest prospect video I think I’ve ever seen. Dopey voice-over and completely obscure the game action with unnecessary CC commentary.

4 Likes

Caffaro is gone. That’s done decision. Not coming back for a 6th year and likely to some degree regrets coming back this year.

Kadin - presumptive favorite to start if he stays. Which I think likely but who knows.
Traudt - presumptive favorite for primary backup or small ball 5.

We will hit the transfer portal hard for an underclassman big that has 2/3 years of eligibility to play this year’s Papi role.

Buchanan likely redshirts in my opinion.

5 Likes

Is Daniel Freitag a small point guard?

• Yes: He’s listed at 6’2 but in reality maybe 6ft
  • No: regardless of height his 6’7 wingspan and 37" vertical allow him to post up, block shots, and play bigger than most big guards.

0 voters

1. No he is a football player
27 Likes

So does Tony just come out and say we’re looking for a face mauler, or is it more of an unspoken thing?

3 Likes

“So, your presumably sealed juvenile criminal record. How many face-maulings are we talking?”

3 Likes

By the way a dude who fits our timeline and need is a 6-3 unsigned 2023 Combo Guard out of LA … might have a current player who played a high level AAU game against him sometime …

3 Likes

When they going to upgrade him to best hooper in Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and the Dakotas? Where is that ranking?

6 Likes

Lol, don’t even joke about that. I can imagine few things CTB would want to deal with less.

Edit - That aside, I am genuinely curious how his story turns out.

1 Like

We bring Jack back for a visit and have the two of them wrestle. If he can hold his own (not die) for 3 minutes, he’s in.

4 Likes

Maybe Blake redshirts - but I believe that’ll be his decision like Traudt’s (although I believe Isaac chose poorly). Given the portal and roster management needs, I believe the days of the automatic redshirt are disappearing at Virginia. I’m pretty sure (I believe HGN mentioned it previously) the staff’s expectation for Buchanan is NOT to RS. Again, my uninformed opinion, is that outside of specific, defined situations (such as Bond during his recruitment or an injury that pushes development back - which is the concern expressed for Gertrude), a RS is going to go the way of the dodo.

Oh no, did something happen to the dodo?!

6 Likes

And as of now we only have 1 upper classman big returning … lots of space and opportunity to earn PT.

p.s. I don’t mean the current DavetheWave PT for plantar fasciitis (Physical Therapy)

2 Likes

About time we got a 6th Pillar

7 Likes

Bold call, given that we have 3 guys redshirting this year.

5 Likes

Little known fact… they recently found a couple of dodo’s in the wild …

1 Like

I didn’t pick the dodo because of extinction :wink:

I believe that Kihei may be eligible to petition for a RS 7th year, but that we only have two current RS on the team.

Harris

1 Like