World Cup 2022

A borderline useless tie at that. Team deserves a better coach

1 Like

Bad news for Gioā€¦ none of the US players that were on a yellow card got one in this gameā€¦ I suspect Berhalter will use the same starting 11 on Tuesday.

Not ideal mentality

1 Like

Grealish definitely a duke fan

3 Likes

Iran is definitely going to bunker down and play for the tie. This US team needs to figure out how to frigging score.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Heā€™s a phenomenal player thoughā€¦ I really wanted Fulham to sign him when Aston Villa sold him, but no one beats Man City on a transfer fee. :cry:

2 Likes

I like him off the bench after Weah runs around for 60 minutes. Get him against tired legs or a backup. Especially against a team like Iran that lacks depth. But he needs to come on at the 60 minute mark so he has time to do something. Not with no time left just so the coach doesnā€™t get questioned in the presser.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an amazing result, yet somehow means nothing at the same time. Ugh.

3 Likes

England 4 (+4)
Iran 3 (-2)
USA 2 (0)
Wales 1 (-2)

Goal differential now only matters to England, Wales and Iran
Scenario: Wales wins by less than 4 goals and Iran ties
All of England, Wales and Iran finish with 4 points and USA finishes with 3 points
England and Wales advance on goal differential. Any shenanigans between the 2? No because if Iran wins they would win the groupā€¦
Only way now for USA to advance is to win ā€¦ but Iran would not advance with a tie if Wales win.

3 Likes

If England and Wales tie, and the US wins by 4+, the US can take first place from England. Or if England loses and the US wins.

1 Like

I can agree with that but Reyna has to come on earlier as you note. If they stick with that 442, I wouldnā€™t mind them looking at Pulisic and Weah up top, with Weah being the true 9 and Pulisic being freed up to roam across the field, and bring Aaronson (or Reyna) into the starting line-up where Pulisic played today.

2 Likes

Spain Germany ā€¦ intense ā€¦
Spain now in Drivers seat

3 Likes

Thought Deutschland was going to pull that one out in the endā€¦

4 Likes

Anyone want to buy a Gio jersey, barely used? I donā€™t mean mine, I mean his.

10 Likes

Fun fact about jerseys at International tournamentsā€¦ most countries give each player 3x tops for each match in order to trade with the other teamā€™s players.

1 Like

Man dont get me started

1 Like

Does anyone else think Ronaldo didnā€™t touch that ball on the goal? Maybe a few hair folliclesā€¦ maybeā€¦

Edit: They just took the goal away from Ronaldo and gave credit to Bruno-Fernandesā€¦

1 Like

Aprovechando!!!

In portugues: Aproveitando, but yes hahahahha

2 Likes