World Cup 2022

Nobody wants to stay in Qatar with no beer. So stay somewhere cool and fly in for the game.

4 Likes

Qatar (Doha) is actually a pretty cool city… been there for both military (Al Udeid) purposes and civilian purposes… plenty of beer in the Marriott lounge and nearby restaurants… also while on deployment there you get two beer tickets a day for after work… and you can convince folks that don’t drink to give you their tickets. LOL!

6 Likes

A few looked light in the germany and the France game. But i could have been wrong. Also thought I saw reports that crowds were light.

Light could also mean 75-85% full vs the 90-95% for past WC

2 Likes

Can we start an list of places you have not been?

3 Likes

There are plenty… I’ve never been anywhere in South America, no Hawaii… both places I want to go to…

2 Likes

Doha… circa 2006… just realized the two Qataris and my boss at the time, MAJ Fonseca, make me look like a giant Asian man… fun fact… MAJ Fonseca is now COL Fonseca and is the commander of USAG Poznan in Poland right now… so I drove the 7 hours over to see him earlier this year…

Another edit as this is going down memory lane for me… my boss had put his 9mm down and was freaking out after this photo because he couldn’t find it… you can see the top of my leg holster on my right leg, so I gave him a bunch of crap for losing his weapon… haha!

12 Likes

If Ronaldo played basketball, he would play for Duke.

10 Likes

This is a fact

3 Likes

Dude how tall are you cause you like 6’8 in that pic

3 Likes

Exactly… 5 ft 9 in… hahaha! Thanks for the ego boost!

6 Likes

Soft penalty.

2 Likes

I thought so too… but I think w/ the replay it was okay. I’m watching the German feed and they seem fine with it.

1 Like

US feeds are brutal. Try listening to Landon D talk for 90plus minutes

4 Likes

Yep… I have been rotating games between the German, US, French and UK announcers…

My ranking of the best announcers:

1. German
  2. UK
  3. French
  4. Any other feed…
  5. US
5 Likes

I was watching the Brazil game on the BBC feed and my wife commented out of nowhere… “i love these British announcers… they aren’t as annoying as the US ones.” She’s not even watching the games either.

5 Likes

Yeah, and hot take I wish ESPN had gotten the broadcasting rights because Twellman and team can be obnoxious at times but they are way more analytical than the crew covering these games. And convince Dempsey to jump to ESPN because he doesn’t pull any punches in the studio and way better than Alexi in my opinion.

4 Likes

Dubs is always on point. My man

2 Likes

Wales losing to Iran is a good thing for the USA’s chances to advance. Beating or tying England is a bonus, but really they just need to beat Iran now.

… and what about that game? Goalie red card… then two goals in stoppage time? Epic!

2 Likes

What if Wales beat England?

2 Likes

Yeah… I’m just assuming that won’t happen. LOL!

1 Like