2021/2022 Basketball Pre-Season Chat

:flushed:

He’s awesome, but I’m pretty sure I could dunk on Bates Jones. And I’ve never dunked in my life.

Watching a few more highlights: Banchero’s shot looks like a work in progress, to be charitable. That’ll be a storyline. Keels is the real deal. Post moves, too. If his shot is decent, and it seems to be, he’s in the NBA next year.

Watched UNC highlights, too. McKoy didn’t change my opinion of his likelihood of PT.

https://www.tarheeltimes.com/boxscore23299.aspx

worse defense than the NBA all star game. At least UNC and Duke looked like an actual practice run. Jealous of all 3 programs making footage of their game available. We will get 6 photos and a 2 minute clip followed by 3 30 second highly edited clips throughout the next 3 weeks.

2 Likes

A quick Blue-White Scrimmage update for those interested in following along:

I’ll be at the game tomorrow when the gates open at 12pm. Will probably be tweeting out updates about the scrimmages (women’s at 1pm, men’s at 2pm) on both the LRA Twitter account @LockerRoomInc and my personal Twitter account @BenWieland.

I am also going to livestream as much of the men’s scrimmage as possible over on Instagram. For that stream, you can head over to @LockerRoomAccessInc on Instagram, and it might also be shared to the UVA Hoops Facebook group.

19 Likes

Awesome- those of us FANS who can’t make/don’t feel comfortable appreciate those of you that understand fandom can be fleeting if not reciprocated. Not to say that I’m losing faith or interest in the team- just that we wish fans were appreciated more.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Last chance to get any shots in at UVA. During a pandemic especially. Just unreal. UVA deserves all the spite it gets and then some lol.

If that Kentucky…uh, gathering…was what we’d get from the blue/white, I wouldn’t mind it not being streamed. I understand not going even close to 100% but just watching them goof off and miss dunks and half court shots? No thanks. There is nothing about Kentucky basketball, in season or out, that interests me. Nothing.

3 Likes

You are a HERO

2 Likes
4 Likes

KenPom:
https://kenpom.com/index.php

Yikes. Don’t like that KenPom is down on us too this year along with BartTorvik

kenpon good at basketball?

1 Like

He was still JV junior year, so…

2 Likes

A team like Virginia (and most around the country) there is literally no way to put analytical numbers on pre season. Transfers out and in and lotta new faces and will be lot of minutes from guys who havent played.

And what is JV?

6 Likes

Heard if all on college football last night when someone announced their mid season AA team. It never ends

1 Like

Jarin Stevenson & family sighting here at the blue-white scrimmage.

14 Likes

Tell him to tell Tony he’ll commit on the spot if UVA starts a Facebook live stream

8 Likes

CTB every year when some poor GA brings it up.

7 Likes
9 Likes

I’m really excited about this team

10 Likes