2021-2022 Season Vent Thread

Who was he calling out?

I have no clue on who specificallyā€¦ But it was at least someone or some folks based on my read. Speculatingā€¦ He hasnā€™t said something like that in a presser that I can recall. And he has talked about Gardnerā€™s hard work and said a lot of positive things about Beekman. I donā€™t think itā€™s Kihei.

3 Likes

Have a good one.

someone please make a compilation of kihei would-be game winners getting swatted into the stands or him dribbling off his knee. i know iā€™ve seen at least six instances

4 Likes

Is this where I post my ā€œCTB has lost itā€ takes? ducks

3 Likes

All harsh and hot takes are welcome. Although I didnā€™t make it a no judge zone.

2 Likes

hmm

If ever there was a time to sneak that take in nowā€™s the time. We got people saying weā€™d be better off if Reece left and Kihei came back so the hot takes are flying

2 Likes

I guess that wasnā€™t my last thing. In the presser, the anger I saw on TBā€™s face when a reporter suggested Armaanā€™s foul at the end wasnā€™t a foul before TB paused and said ā€œno commentā€ wasā€¦ wow.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t a take, but man Iā€™d be devastated if Tony were disappointed in me lol.

8 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like

Ok, early predictions for next year. 1- Reece is 3rd team AA and DPOY and leaves early. Armaan leads the team in scoring and is the most improved player (I honestly believe he will be a star next year - potential 1st team all-ACC). Kadin is mentioned as one of the elite shotblockers in the country and follows Reece as DPOY. Both Isaacs average over 8ppg in conference play.

3 Likes

The Ms fairly obviously

6 Likes

We were expected to be an NIT team and we ended up being an NIT team. If you want to say CTB lost it then we have to also say ā€œCTB lost it during 2012-2013ā€. Any other coach that made the NIT after 9 straight seasons in the tourney has also ā€œlost itā€ā€¦ cmon yall.

It was absolutely frustrating to watch it play out but none of this was unexpected. That being said I love hot takes and do not let me stop the train lol. Get EVERYTHING out. I would be a hypocrit to tell someone else they couldnā€™t express themselves. Unless itā€™s reece slander. Then I will beg the mods to ban you

1 Like

Agree with that. They would sometimes disappear for entire games.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my hot take and then Iā€™m off to bed.

I think Kihei coming back would be awful for this program, and itā€™s been weighing on me ever since HGN noted there was smoke. I donā€™t just say this because it would make next year far less enjoyable to watch as we would likely trot out the same deeply flawed roster and continue to set the game back decades. I say this mostly because I feel it would limit us from getting a bigger impact guy in the portal (someone that had more than 1 year of eligibility), hamstring Reece yet again (3 of 4 years paired with a player whose skillset simply doesnā€™t complement yours is a travesty), and I believe it would strongly take away from developmental minutes with the first years.

Hereā€™s where my hot take comes in. If Tony looks at this roster and is comfortable running it back then @norfolk_hoo and his Tony is losing it takes arenā€™t so crazy after all. Itā€™s one thing to have this happen in a vacuum (Armaan not being a good shooter really hurt us) but to knowingly run it back with this lineup and its deficiencies, in the modern era of basketball where spacing and shooting is paramount, would be really indefensible.

This is my nightmare scenario and yet it doesnā€™t seem all that unlikely.

4 Likes

From your lips to ā€¦

1 Like

I agree. I will not be excited about the team with the backcourt running it back.

2 Likes

Letā€™s be real though even Tony ā€˜losing itā€™ would be like when Gary Williams lost it. Not completely falling off the rails. I hope our fan base and administration would handle that scenario with more grace than Maryland did.

I will always have nothing but respect for Tony. And for the record, I still think heā€™s a phenomenal coach. Getting 21 wins with this roster is a master class.

Iā€™m talking about Tony the GM. If heā€™s comfortable rolling back this same 5 I will start to wonder about his ability to adapt to the modern game and new transfer rule

1 Like