2021- '22 Lacrosse

What’s with the stupid shoulder stripes on our jerseys? I hate it.

1 Like

I don’t know. I didn’t even notice, but our first period was pretty sloppy.

1 Like

So sloppy… they are getting out muscled on ground balls. If Nunez didn’t make a few outstanding saves, UVa would be down right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, we kind of look like garbage right now.

2 Likes

High point is playing very very physically. OT, but Duke lost to Jacksonville today - pretty crazy upset

3 Likes

They just need to settle down and work the ride a bit better… damn… Nunez is keeping them in this game. Also LaSalla.

1 Like

Nunes is crazy good for a first year. Seems very composed

2 Likes

We seem to always have trouble with High Point, especially early.

4 Likes

Nunes again after losing the face off against a man advantage… wtf?

Nice ending to the 2nd period. So close on the final set play… ugh.

1 Like

Settling down a bit… 9 - 6 midway through 3rd

Damn… Nunes won that for us. MVP performance.

4 Likes

I think it’s funny to see people say things like “High Point is really good.” After we play them. It’s possible, but it’s also just plausible that we played our worst game of the year and they played their best. It’s similar to how we talk about a team like JMU when we lose to them

4 Likes

I just skimmed through the Duke - Jacksonville game… I think that is exactly what happened there. The announcers alluded to the fact they felt Jacksonville played the perfect game… and it definitely looked that way.

2 Likes

Where’d you see that?

High Point’s a giant killer. With Nolting and the Torpey defense they can compete with anybody. UVA offense still clunky, likely too heavy a reliance on shellenberger to make offense for other people and not enough creation elsewhere

5 Likes

After watching the whole game… you can equate their offense currently to the UVa basketball team at the beginning of 2019-2020 season. They would just pass the ball around the perimeter for the majority of the shot clock and then either turn it over on a clumsy pass or someone would play hero ball late and try to power through for a difficult shot.

UVa dropped to #2 in both lacrosse rankings despite going 2-0 in their first week. Maryland jumped to #1 in both and went 2-0 as well but stomped High Point in their opener while UVa struggled and just pulled out a victory. I guess I get it, but in basketball I don’t think they would’ve lost their #1 ranking if they went 2-0 no matter what the scores were.

2 Likes

Virginia’s game w/ Towson is currently streaming for free right now if interested…

4 Likes

LaSalla just tied the career faceoff record at UVa… he should break it in the 4th!