2021- '22 Lacrosse

LaSalla lost the first two faceoffs in the 4th… then Braun took the remaining 3 or 4 in the game and won them all. He’ll have to break the record at Syracuse next weekend!

2 Likes
4 Likes
10 Likes

Just curious - was this game like not previously scheduled? Or we just announced a time and place but it was scheduled?

I like to imagine the coaches were just shit-talking each other via text or something and it ended up with “Oh yeah, well screw the schedule, let’s do this! Name the time and place!”

4 Likes

Game was announced and on the schedule, venue had yet to be determined.

3 Likes

I love that they bumped MD to #1 despite both being 3-0A little extra motivation there.

1 Like

Anyone watching the game? We came out really strong

1 Like

6-1 Hoos with 3 mins left in the first quarter

3 Likes

And first quarter ends with 8-1 Hoos. They are firing on all cylinders. In the previous games they showed flashes but were still getting those early season bugs out; if they play like this consistently, I don’t know if anyone can beat them.

2 Likes

Great, dominant 1q performance.

Is this on TV or is it buried on the ACC network somewhere

ACC Network

1 Like

Just turned it on… looking good in the 3rd.

Missed LaSalla break the faceoff record. :frowning:

UVa got their mojo back at the end of the third… LaSalla with the laser at the end then gets hit hard.

1 Like

18-9 after the 3rd. We let them creep close and get to a 3 goal deficit, but we obviously didn’t let them keep that. The quarter ended with LaSalla getting hit into a really dangerous sandwich, so let’s hope he’s ok.

3 Likes

You beat me to it!

1 Like

Hey… at least we’re both watching! :smiley:

1 Like

I love watching this team. They are just so ridiculously good and fun to watch. And I’m glad to have a place to talk about it!

2 Likes

I hadn’t watched 5 minutes of lacrosse prior to the last few years. I’ve started watching because of UVA’s dominance. Have no idea what the rules are. Could look them up but I’m having more fun trying to figure it out on my own.

All that to say, that even to someone that isn’t 100% about what they’re watching, they’re fun to watch.

3 Likes

Hahaha I have a bit of an advantage as my brother played in college and I was dragged to everything (and I played girls’ lacrosse myself). I love football and basketball, but lacrosse is one of my favorite sports to watch. It’s fast, exciting, and physical without being barbaric. And momentum plays a massive role, which just adds to it.

7 Likes