2021 Baseball Season Stuff

i actually think he was good on that move. he never had anything moving towards the plate (particularly his leading foot, it never broken the plan in either direction until the move to step off). the talked about it the next inning, and the fact that nobody from the ODU staff even spoke to the umps made me think they knew he just fooled the runner with a great move (also, the runner should NEVER have been going, he’s scoring on a single there regardless and there were two outs so no benefit to being on 3rd).

but you are completely correct, nobody ACTUALLY knows what a balk is, so this is just based off my understanding dating to high school games…

4 Likes

baseball thrower guy Dippin Dots definitely foreign owned company and makes it more hilarious still. Or better yet someone with a great sense of humor

3 Likes

Nailed it. Paducah KY

3 Likes

Not my idea, but someone on another board recommended a baseball shirt that said “Shock and FAW”

Edit: Whoops… “Schoch and FAW”

2 Likes

Help me on the FAW part

2 Likes

It was the three words he repeats to himself on the mound to psych himself up… F******, Attack, Win! He explains it in the video below…

9 Likes

Now we know! that is good

5 Likes

That interview just never gets old.

A legend was born that day.

7 Likes

Never

7 Likes

So many great things in that interview, but “Sorry I sweared; shouldn’ta sweared” might be the greatest. :joy::rofl:

9 Likes

man his swear and mine different. He said ass ha

4 Likes

And that’s why we don’t put you on broadcast air. Not enough of a delay for Marks bell

8 Likes

My favorite was: “Caves … mainly”

11 Likes

Ex-Wahoo great Javi Lopez was doing color for the Giants-Rangers game tonight. During a replay of Mike Tauchman’s first career grand slam (which gave the Giants a two-run lead), he said “Is he excited or what? It’s like he sent his team to a regional in the College World Series.”

I wonder what he meant by that.

8 Likes

In the Super Regional… how does home team work? Since UVa is the higher seed, I’d assume they are considered home team for the first game, but does Dallas Baptist get home team honors the second game and then UVa again in the decider or is it like a weekend series where Virginia is the home team for all games?

1 Like

The host team, in this case I think that is UVA, is the home team game one, the visiting team game two, and if there is a third game home team is determined by a coin flip.

1 Like

Wish I could be in Columbia this weekend. My sister was stationed at Shaw AFB in nearby Sumter, SC for several years… so I got the chance to visit a few times.

Taking my kids to Europa Park on Friday… told them we couldn’t go on Saturday because of important baseball stuff. LOL!

3 Likes

Because UVA and Dallas Baptist are equal seeds (regional 3 seeds), there’s a coin flip to determine the home team for game one.

The loser of the coin flip is the home team for game two.

Another coin flip will determine the home team for game three, if necessary.

Exact language for Super Regional home team determination from the 2021 host manual…

HOME TEAM – SUPER REGIONALS
• Two Teams Advancing With Different Regional/National Seeds. For Game One, the better seeded team will be the home team. The lower seeded team will be the home team in Game Two.
The better seeded team will be the home team in Game Three, if necessary.
** If a super regional is a matchup of two national seeds (i.e., #8 national seed vs. #9 national seed) the team with the better national seed will be the home team in Games One and Three).
• Two Teams Advancing With Equal Regional Seeds. For Game One, the winner of a coin flip will be the home team. The loser of the coin flip will be the home team in Game Two. A second coin flip will determine the home team in Game Three, if necessary. These coin flips must both take place during the pre-tournament meeting. The traveling team will call the coin toss for Game One, while the host team will call the coin toss for Game Three or defer the call to their opponent.

And a link to the manual should anyone want to read the entire thing…

6 Likes

UEFA EURO 2020 starts tomorrow… I’m gonna have to have 2-TVs running this weekend whenever UVa is playing.

7 Likes

The World Cup and Euros (when UVA not playing anywhere) ate my favorite sporting events. I’d like to come over for the Euros one day, would be great!

2 Likes