2021 Baseball Season Stuff

Liberty visits at 3:00 today on ACC Network.

Would be a good win and we really need it.

3 Likes

This game has been… hard to watch

2 Likes

The classic reverse jinx! Keep the rally going!

1 Like

@HooGrad19 gets credit for today’s win!

Down 5 to 0 after 2, and looking left for dead, the Hoos rally for a 6 to 5 win.

A 2 strike, 2 run single from Brendan Rivoli in the 7th tied it at 5.

And then the game winner on the first pitch of Bottom 8 from Kyle Teel…

Up next is three at VT beginning Friday night at 7:00.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Baseball has the Hokies this weekend. They feature a HR celebration that’s a total rip off of our football Break The Rock postgame tradition (they just don’t have a rock on the field). I really want to minimize the number of times we see that this weekend.

7 Likes

f…k tek

5 Likes

That’s the correct answer Tex!

Your boys in Lubbock have a big series against the 'Horns this weekend too.

2 Likes

yep,Baylor got them last weekend.the bears put up some big numbers on them

1 Like

Great pitching by Abbott tonight and a ton of hits by the Hoos. The bats have definitely come alive with 16 hits and 16 runs scored after 7.2 innings. Home runs by Nick Kent and Kyle Teel. What a change!! Hard to believe this is the same Virginia team who struggled to score for much of the season. Hope they can keep hitting well tomorrow and Sunday.

5 Likes

This may have been a frustrating season so far, but man tonight must feel good for the team

7 Likes

Tonight’s final…

Hoos 18

Hokies 1

9 Likes

Wow I read that; Chokies-0. Hoos by a million

2 Likes

Watched that game last night ans boy was it fun. Thay was a hostile crowd in Blacksburg so it felt great to shut them up

5 Likes

Hokies win tonight 6 to 3.

Mike Vasil has the worst start of his career as he can’t keep the ball down. VT gets spotted 6 runs between Vasil’s issues and a 2 out error by Nic Kent on an easy grounder that directly led to 3 runs.

Hoos try to rally late but they weren’t satisfied with letting the Hokie bullpen hand them walk after walk after walk.

Hoos really should have won this won.

Series rubber match at 6 tomorrow.

3 Likes

UVA wins the rubber match 6-1. First game I’ve watched this season. Really enjoyed. Hoos had a good balance of good hitting and great pitching. Hokies has some loud mouth fans but the closer shut them up. Love how pumped he and the team got. Sorry for jumping in Karl .Just really enjoyed it. Wanted to say something about it,lol

7 Likes

I will be watching often now

2 Likes

It’s all good Hoosthechamp!

We host VCU on Tuesday at 6:00. That’s the last nonconference game scheduled and the last game before the annual exam break.

There’s some talk about maybe adding a game on Thursday to make up for the ODU cancellation. But the logistics of that will be difficult to get done.

4 Likes

I agree with @Hoosthechamp watched two of the games this weekend and it was a lot of fun. Really enjoyed getting a closer look at this crew.

1 Like

VCU game seems like a big one. They’re also on the bubble, right?