2021 Baseball Season Stuff

Yeah that was awesome.

Abbott set a career high with 16 strikeouts. Previously this season, he hit 14 strikeouts twice.

6 Likes

Freshman Jake Gelof accounts for 5 of the 6 UVA runs as the Hoos walk off Wake Forest 6 to 5 to clinch the series tonight. (May have been 4 of the 6 but the sentiment is the same).

Theyโ€™ll go for the sweep at noon tomorrow.

8 Likes

Still alive

3 Likes

Baseball tied at 4 going into the 9th against Wake.

2 Likes

Watched the lax game.now locked in on baseball

3 Likes

UVA with another come from behind walkout. Wahoowa

7 Likes

Great walkoff win for the Hoos, second day in a row, with a series sweep against Wake!!

7 Likes

Walkoff, lol

6 Likes

Same here, now on to the end of the Wizards game.

4 Likes

Im on overtime playoff hockey

2 Likes

ACC Tourney berth clinched.

7 Likes

Whew. More relieved than excited about that, but it sure beats being disappointed.

6 Likes

Baseball stays hot with a series opening win.

8 Likes

Abbott currently has the D1 lead in strikeouts over Jack Leiter and Kumar Rocker at Vandy. He also moved into second on UVAโ€™s all time strikeout list.

10 Likes

I have gotten myself to a point where I will be very pissed off if he does not win ACC pitcher of the year. Figure the aces for FSU, ND, and maybe the UNC kid Love (who threw 130 pitches last night) would have some argument, but Abbott is #1 in Kโ€™s, #2 in wins (only one guy above him with 8), leads total innings pitched, and is #5 in ERA. Also you have to take into account the pure dominance of his last 4 starts, the no-hitter, etc. I cannot see how they give it to anyone else

6 Likes

UVA knocks off BC 9 to 2 this afternoon.

The Hoos clinch the series and clinch at least a .500 record in the ACC.

They go for the sweep at 11:00 tomorrow morning.

11 Likes

Needed to perform these past two weeks and theyโ€™ve delivered!

5 Likes

Think theyโ€™ve got a shot now?

3 Likes

God I wish theyโ€™d won that VCU game. Not that it at all hinges on one game (and I kinda think weโ€™re in decent position to make the tournament, although what do I know), but would have been helpful

1 Like

Perhaps Iโ€™m wildly optimistic, but I think theyโ€™re good now.

If they get the sweep, I have no doubts about it.

6 Likes