2021 Caleb Furst sets official visit

Blackhawk Christian (IN) junior big man Caleb Furst has scheduled an official visit to UVA for the weekend of September 28th, according to his AAU program Indy Heat. He just completed his first official to Purdue this past weekend, and will also see Michigan State on the weekend of Sept. 21st.

Furst is the most recent recipient of a Virginia offer, which he announced on August 1st. It didn’t come as a surprise after being closely watched all summer by Virginia coaches, mostly Tony Bennett himself.

In addition to the three schools he plans to visit, he has a long list of offers including Notre Dame, Indiana, Stanford, Maryland, California, Louisville, Iowa, Ohio State, and Butler,

Indy Heat head coach Jason Delaney recently talked to Irish Sports Daily about Caleb and his game.

“I think coaches see him as that blue-collar worker who is going to go out there and do the job,” Delaney says. “He can do a lot of things and he does them really well.

“This EYBL session, he played up a grade level, so he played against some of the best players in the nation, not just in his class, but in the class ahead of him. He showed his versatility, being able to guard on the perimeter and play a little bit on the perimeter, but also that post-up game that he was known for. He showed his passing skills. I think the biggest thing is he showed he could do it against the best competition in the nation.”

Look for Furst to take his time with the recruiting process. The scheduled official visits will be his only of the Fall so that he can save two for next Spring

6 Likes

Great to see us continue to take advantage of the early official visits. Furst would be a great get, and I’d guess that the staff can sell more playing time to posts than other positions.

4 Likes

Caleb has shifted his visit dates around from what his AAU coach told me. UVA trip is scheduled for the weekend of the 21st.

https://stockrisers.com/2019/09/08/top-35-junior-caleb-furst-sets-visits-took-a-visit-to-purdue/

2 Likes

Thoughts on the official so early?

1 Like

Only thing I’d take from it is it sets him up for an early commit, meaning things will get serious after next April’s live period. I’m sure there are a few exceptions but nearly every 2020 recruit that did this kind of thing last Fall is off the board, most of them for a while now.

2 Likes