2021 Football Recruiting

Saw a recent interview saying they were looking for a backup / someone to push Armstrong… looking like we got a little more than that. Friend of the program says he’s a talent you can’t pass up on, regardless of confidence in Armstrong

4 Likes

Makes sense. He certainly has talent and athletic ability, and Armstrong is not proven yet, so couldn’t hurt to bring someone in with some live game experience.

1 Like

Joe just casually drops this in there. :joy: He stumbled into my DMs a few years ago. Now he sources it, finds more stuff out than I do. On the football side too apparently. He’ll have better things to do when he graduates but would be a star in this racket if he wanted.

6 Likes

Appreciate the love!

2 Likes

Did some looking into… Georgia athlete West Weeks has liked a lotttt of the UVA commitment tweets lately :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

Train needs to keep rolling. Getting word from my UNC sources that Mac is going to work on the recruiting trail and the hoos will need to keep pace.

4 Likes
7 Likes

7 commits in 11 days :fire::fire::fire::fire:

9 Likes

Nick Howell tweets: “ It is a great day to be a VIRGINIA Cavalier :crossed_swords::large_blue_diamond::large_orange_diamond:#THEStandard #GoHoos“ … assuming we got a Virginia native, I’m really hoping for Tyleik Williams :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Anyone have any list of prospects that we are competing head-to-head with VT on and how we are fairing?? I’ve seen a couple that have them on their list and have chosen us but I don’t who’s signed with them and had us on their list. Just curious…

2 Likes

I think I counted 4 of the last 7 verbals came from recruiting it a that also had offers to VT. McCarron was one of them for sure.

1 Like

Are we in good shape for Williams?

I’ve heard conflicting reports. Mainly I just really want him, I think it’s hard to tell with football unless they’ve secretly committed. I’ve heard we’re not out, but also Bama is knocking…

4 Likes

Bama is scary. This would be a big one if we could pull it off. Yes I want him too,lol

We cant afford a player if Bama is in the race

3 Likes

Afraid of that

1 Like

Chances of turning Gunner Givens?

Alabama has already offered based on sophomore season.

2 Likes

Phew don’t like our chances there given Bama’s early involvement. That would be a tough one to flip, also his list is an interesting mix which leads me to think the Hoos don’t have a lot of a chance given the programs most of those programs run. But you never know. He’s a 2022 guy so a lot can happen between now and then.

2 Likes

Botetourt is hokie country. Unless he’s explicitly listed stated he has interest in us and not tech, it’d be hard to see him picking us over tech, let alone Bama

3 Likes

That thought was in my head a well. If Beamer was coaching VT I don’t see him leaving SW at all. I still think it would be tough. There’s a definite fence around that corner of Va and the Hoos have always struggled to recruit down there. Once you past Bedford Co. It get’s real dicey.

5 Likes