2021 recruiting reset

The IMG selection for Reid has been done for a good while now. Only delayed so he could listen to the college pitches for 2020. Got a little concerned when it took so long but here we are.

He’ll play for the post grad team at IMG actually. Roanoke native Chad Myers is the head coach, formerly of Massanutten Academy. Lots of Virginia ties there. The national team is coached by Sean McAloon who was in Richmond at Benedictine for years and then coached Casey Morsell at St. John’s (DC). It’s helped them get a nice pipeline of top VA players.

6 Likes

Does kinda suck that he is closer to Florida State now. Also thought he would team up with DaRon at Montverde. But this is definitely good news for us at least now.

IMG is pretty strict about leaving campus, they are definitely in their own bubble of sorts so that shouldn’t impact anything.

1 Like

I think it’s mostly strategic for now. They only need one of the two. And it’s not really about needing it for '21. It’s just if you can’t push everything back. You don’t get old and stay old by waiting until you need something. If they can get the 4, they can then wait out Reid comfortably.

Shedrick as mostly a center who should in time play some 4. Diakite is the model, but remember he only played center until his junior year. Kadin has the physical tools to guard smaller guys away from the basket, takes time to develop the skills to actually do it.

2 Likes

There are a lot of 2JATs on theSabre and 247 saying we are toast now! Hide your kids, it’s over!

3 Likes

Brian Snow published an interview with Keels today. It reads like status quo with the Hoos in a good spot.

4 Likes
1 Like

In all fairness, as someone who’s been kicked off the sabre 3 times…its really more like 9,275JAT over there.

The argument could be made that given the fact that I post there less these days, it’s actually 9,274.

4 Likes

Agreed on that. That board isn’t fun to be on anymore, there’s a certain few posters who have just kind of assumed themselves as “leaders” because of how many times they post who would argue their point with a fence post. No actual discussions there, which is why this is by far the best board. Most points here are met with actual talking point discussions and the flames that rarely show up get put out before they become a fire. This board is very well handled.

9 Likes

Yeah I don’t get the negativity. Of all things that could happen for him this is probably the best one for us. I do wonder the potential of going pro after a year there if that’s possible for him, HGN do you think that could be a possibility? (I don’t see it happening but I do wonder)

1 Like

No I don’t think Reid is NBA material that soon, or even close. I have heard speculation that this might not totally end the possibility of reclassification, that he could be open to enrolling 2nd semester. I think they really wanted to go 2020 and just didn’t find the right situation.

5 Likes

How would roster management work in that case? Would we be an option for the second semester start?

1 Like

If someone transfers or a new school comes in with a spot open. Would just be to redshirt.

1 Like

Hmmm, there is exactly one poster on the Sabre that said that, everyone else is telling he’s wrong

3 Likes

Now that’s a dunk

They may have won the battle… but the war ain’t over… the algorithms that be over at the ole Instagrams have locked me out of the HGN IG for any number of petty reasons, so it’s unlikely any of my followers could actually see the full length Recruiting Spotlight this week. The link is here below and hopefully works lol. ENJOY #freeHGNIG #thatdamnedinternet

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCJ9QrHBF67/?igshid=155gs8202dvkt

8 Likes

Hooray for Efton Reid!! Virginia still in the game for that young gentleman. Good news.

@JoeBoxley - Well done recruiting spotlight. Thanks for the great content. I loved the graphics at the beginning and end.

2 Likes

The graphics were courtesy of William! Dude is a pro at the production / on camera end. Hope to get him on here soon lol

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Tyler Lundblade visited late in the season, says he hears from UVA the most. 6’5 shooter from TX transferring into Greensboro Day. . I expect he’ll end up a late signer now.

3 Likes