2022 commits update and discussion thread

Probably pitching him Jabari Smithโ€™s role this year. Especially if he does reclass to 2022

1 Like

Would be hilarious if reclass candidates were fully transparent about their situational offers- โ€œVirginia has offered me a 2023 scholarship but not 2022 :pray:โ€

2 Likes

The problem with this reclass stuff, at least for the elite players, is it diminishes their value. I donโ€™t blame GG Jackson for looking into it. Enjoy the college experience and still get to the NBA a year earlier. But if he comes next year, thatโ€™s almost certainly all a college is getting. And he wonโ€™t be a major impact player.

2 Likes

Ha! Now that would be funnyโ€ฆ.thereโ€™s no way this is true of London Johnson though right?? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Iโ€™m still impressed by how Carter Whitt managed to reclass in like December and then be inserted directly into the rotation during ACC play the next month.

7 Likes

Doing some internet sluthing at work and it turns out Silas Demary Jr has played at Rucker Park. Would meet that check point of the โ€œNext ty jerome pgโ€ criteria"

Also like half of these 2023 recruits were originally 2022s. Would mind making 2022-23 one super class and redshirting half of them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVK1K-0Fns9/

3 Likes

Lets zoomchat anyone else

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1480674451175837696

1 Like

Wonder why all these new offers in the past 24hrs. Teams must be lead to believe heโ€™s more open than originally thought.

3 Likes

A&M and Auburn pay betterโ€ฆjusโ€™ saying.

4 Likes

Great video

5 Likes
18 Likes

Already has an offer from wake nc state and unc

1 Like

He seems like an exceptionally positive, polite kid (at least from social media). Heโ€™d be a great addition just based on that, but heโ€™d be a terrible message board poster. :joy:

4 Likes

Is the assumption Stevenson is UNCโ€™s to lose or is there any reason not to think that? Not being negative at all - just am cautious of high-ranked NC kids and the likelihood of them ever leaving the state.

1 Like

I sense a lot of time might be wasted on this young fella like the same amount of time spent on the last plumlee?

1 Like

Thatโ€™s probably right but I think Stevenson came to UVA on his own (once or twice) already.

Big time get for On3/poached from Rivals.

4 Likes

Whatโ€™s left at Rivals? Hate to admit that I was there at the beginning and now rarely visit their site(s).

2 Likes

The Professionalโ„ข had himself a nice game. Hit a 3 and a couple pull-up jumpers to go along with his usual explosive drives

4 Likes

He looks thicker up top to me than I remember.

2 Likes