2022 NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

Providence this year is same as UVA in 2020 - will be interesting to see how we would have done by watching Providence this time.

1 Like

I agree they are similar to 2020 UVA in that they won a lot of close games, but the way the teams play is very different. Providence’s defense is 80th while ours was #1 and maybe Tony’s best ever.

1 Like

All of the Colorado St guys are wearing different colored shoes. I like it.

1 Like

Turns out doesn’t matter if the other team has a size advantage if you have a 3pt advantage and exploit your mismatch harder.

I see the Colorado State center shooting over Dickerson and I get excited for Traudt in that stretch 5 role.

Tournament is 10 mins in and just imagine if UVA went 4 for 6 from three to start a game. Just imagine.

4 Likes

And here we go.

1 Like

Got to the end of my bracket and totally unplanned Tennessee and Purdue. Picked the Vols to win 95-92. Yuck

1 Like

13 minutes in and I am already in a 153 way tie for first in the LRA pool. Clearly, I am going to win.

5 Likes

Michigan = garbo, we would’ve put up a better effort

1 Like

I didnt understand how they were in

1 Like

Not to defend Michigan, because I don’t think they’re very good, but losing your starting point guard to a concussion a day or two before the tournament certainly isn’t helpful.

2 Likes

Man watching South Dakota State/ Colorado State and then us it’s like watching two different sports. We used to play like that.

1 Like

I don’t think the MWC teams are very good. I stated before, but of their tourney team’s, they’re best non-con win between all of them is St. Mary’s. Other than that, it’s maybe St. Bonaventure.

The committee stacked them against two really bad Big 10 teams to kick off the tourney. Can’t tell if they were trying to give the Big 10 some early wins or if they’re trying to kick off the mid-major argument.

1 Like

I put Providence in my Elite 8 so I can re-post that Draymond Green tirade about analytics all of March.

4 Likes

I’ve held a grudge against Colorado St. Since the season opener in 2001 and Cecil Sapp ran all over the Hoos. Never forgave them or Al Groh #putinSpinner.

4 Likes

We need to find Reece a Caleb Houston Type to kick out to.

3 Likes

Love Roddy’s game from CSU.

1 Like

Hey pretty much had that in Clark (numbers wise). 49% eFG%. 36% from 3. 53% TS%. 18% percentage of team shots. Crazy how similar they both were considering how different they look. Clark did turn the ball over more for obvious reasons.

Kihei has to be a lot more open to get his shot off tho. Makes him less useful as a shooter

3 Likes

I don’t know, but the fact that they have the same percentage of shots means it’s not that different. Clark is still getting off the same percentage of shots. he shot a better 2FG% too.