2022 NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

For the first time in the history of Locker Room Access, a NCAA Tournament Thread will not involve the Hoos. This thread is for discussion on the NCAA Tournament. Predictions, opinions, theories, and reactions to everything NCAA Tournament. Feel free to send your tournament brackets in the comments!

3 Likes

Elite 8 =
Memphis/Duke
UCLA/Purdue
Zona/Tenn
Kansas/Auburn

Final 4:
Duke/Purdue
Zona/Kansas

Final:
Purdue beats Zona

More heart than head on Purdue. Dad is a Boilermaker.

I have no idea, tbh. Lots of weaknesses all around. Should be a fun tourney.

1 Like

I see a lot of upsets and close matches in this tournament. I don’t see many Sweet 16 or even Round 32 games being complete locks. They do call it March Madness for a reason. Purdue is quite an interesting team. I could see them making it far.

1 Like

Why did Gonzaga (overall #1) get the best 16-seed rather than a play-in winner? Sometimes the committee does little things that make no sense to me.

2 Likes

I’ve got Gonzaga, Purdue, Tennessee & Auburn in the FF, with the Zags finally winning it.

I haven’t seen Holmgren play since December. If he’s living up to the hype, I could see them winning it.

Chet’s PER is through the roof - 31.2 - so yeah he is producing. - 14th in the country
8th in the country in block %
4th in defensive win shares
2nd in Defensive Box +/-
Oh and an offensive rating of 127.2. - Nobody on our 2019 team was as high - Hunter led at 125.8

Oh, I know he’s producing, but for me, the open question is: Did Chet start producing because:
(1) he needed some time for the light to come on at the college level, OR
(2) he needed to be playing against WCC competition for the light to come on

The fact that draft analysts seem to think the answer is #1 leads me to believe he will do well in the tourney, but I’m keeping #2 as a possibility in my brain until I see more.

3 Likes

Well he played against better teams in the WCC than Banchero did in the ACC. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Why Duke didn’t post up Banchero on Mutts every time is beyond me. The guy plays on the perimeter too much. He has nice shooting touch, but Duke failed to take advantage of his size and skill around the basket as a PF.

1 Like

Chet is absurd. An incredible player.

1 Like

A whole lot of 1979-80 Ralph in Chet H. A little raw at times, but you can just see it…big difference is we got 3 more years of Ralph that the Zags won’t.

1 Like

I don’t really understand how Wyoming made the tournament.

I just looked at their schedule and there are a lot of bad losses. The “good” wins were Colorado State and Boise State in conference.

Not really passing the eye test for me either.

1 Like

The MWC killed it in the noncon, which made a ton of their conference games highly valued in the NET and quad systems. Sam with the WCC.

Purdue - social media … brilliant!

6 Likes

Irish!!! Wow!

2 Likes

That was a truly amazing game.

4 Likes

Providence -2.5. I know it’s bait and I’m taking it anyway.

5 Likes

I just completed my 57th and final bracket. I am so tired. And I know I will win nothing… but at least I tried.

Now for the fun part of actually watching the games.

5 Likes

You gotta jump all over that. I feel like I have no no context for how good Providence is because it was the one game that Virginia looked fully competent in.

4 Likes