2022 Recruits and the Summer Calendar

Isn’t he talking about evaluation? There is a lot at stake because there are only 10 in person evaluation days compared to the 20+ you get over the junior and senior springs/summers of a normal class? Lack of opportunity makes the opportunities they do get more important.

1 Like

It seems like every interview Traudt pushes his timetable back. We better be prepared to offer other dudes and not hold on for him til winter

1 Like

I feel like this recruiting class has a very wide range of outcomes from home run to utter disaster. Makes me very nervous haha

2 Likes

What a kid says about a timeline before he takes visits is meaningless 95% of the time.

1 Like

Nah we got Igor to fall back on a stretch 4. I think the plan is for him to get the perimeter defense down and be a trey murphy for us but if Isaac goes elsewhere we can just slide Igor down the 4 in a 4 out offense.

1 Like

They’ve only done the bare minimum recruiting, choosing to wait until they could see guys play. Sort of put all their chips on the summer.

1 Like

As I mentioned earlier, that means we’ll be playing catch-up in lots of recruitments. Hope we’ve got the juice in the recruiting world for that.

1 Like

Will Shaver commits to UNC on his official there. I know he was someone who listed us as one of the schools to reach out.

Gives me hope though that we could maybe lock up Traudt when he takes his official with us (Shaver had other visits planned and what not.why not traudt for the HOOS).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPok_oxF3v-/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

Well, the opportunities for playing time are pretty obvious and match up with the roster holes they’re trying to fill. Plus, Duke in 2022 is suddenly a bit less of a juggernaut and while we don’t usually compete against them, the ripple effects will flow out.

Well you’d think that would take them out for Traudt. Thought they’ll surely try to sell him otherwise

1 Like

Nah they are trying to get 3 out of the 4 of: Will Shaver, Isaac Traudt, Jalen Washington, and Dereck Lively. Bacot and Manek gone after this upcoming season.

We have what, one confirmed 22 visit this month, that being Traudt? Apparently the Hokies are bringing in Rodney Rice, Judah Mintz, Tyrell Ward, Justin Taylor, Tyler Nickel and Donald Hand Jr. I’m super irritated, why, because all those guys are Va or DMV and all but maybe Nickel are guys we should be on heavily. I’m not advocating a regionally focused approach but I feel like we can’t even get a foothold in the DMV and the last thing we need is the Hokies being the ‘local’ AAU destination. Hat tip to Mike Young and Co. we make fun of them offering so many guys but getting all these dudes on campus in June is impressive. Meanwhile we’re spinning our wheels waiting to get out in person, all the while having 4/5 ships to use.

3 Likes

Yea, they’ll be on campus…still Blacksburg though, lol…

2 Likes

I understand your sentiment entirely. But have you studied these players on film, understand what kind of playing style they thrive in, and know personally how these players are like in classrooms or off the field? Many have emphasized that TB has an unwavering commitment to the fit of the players and culture of the program, it’s no coincidence here.
Being the local aau destination is nice branding, but has Virginia not done well in recruiting nationally or internationally? I’m fine with whomever that wants to be at Virginia, whether that’s a local kid or someone from the other side of the world, and whomever that will bring success to the program

3 Likes

Gimme Jameel Brown, Isaac McKneely, Leon Bond, Isaac Traudt, Robert Jennings, and a center.

2 Likes

I’d be great with that, but four of those guys don’t have offers or confirmed visits

2 Likes

Blacksburg will never be an AAU destination no matter how many WCAC coaches VT hires

Also are any of these guys expected to go to VT besides Ward?

I do share the concern over the lack of activity but I really don’t worry about our geographic footprint. Basketball is just so different

I think the rumors are Favour Aire, Tyler Ward, and Rodney Rice.

Trimble’s comment on UVA here…seems like he is frustrated by the lack of an offer.

5 Likes