2022 Recruits and the Summer Calendar

I’m personally frustrated by the lack of offer.

7 Likes

This could really blow up in our face

1 Like

When their ready to get serious, I’m sure our staff will have open ears!

Nah Trimble wasnt going to be a Hoo regardless. He’s been waiting for the Michigan offer for a year now and he finally got it. It’s all moot outside maybe UNC or Marquette.

2 Likes

That’s why we aren’t serious!

I think it’s moreso they want more point guard skills, even if its a combo guard they take.

Is this based off one interview?

Several 247 articles i saw and a youtube interview, his face lights up when talking about michigan, sorta excited about virginia, and then goes “oh yeah wisconsin is recruiting me too”.

It’s not just him. It’s seems our offers are for those who have significant mutual interest. There’s also deliberate and thorough evaluations.

I thought I was an extreme pessimist until I started reading your posts. Not only is your glass half empty, but the other half must be filled with piss.

14 Likes
1 Like

You won the internet for today

4 Likes

I do hope on Traudt’s visit we break out the old jerseys with the rotunda imprinted on the back as opposed to the virginia tech font jerseys.

4 Likes

Soon :wink:

2 Likes

I get that I’m a pessimist but you don’t have to be a dick about it

2 Likes

hahaha

2 Likes

I was just poking a little fun. Sorry if it came across more harshly than I intended.

2 Likes

All good my man

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a concern. Based on history, it appears that the staff knows what it is doing. If they are not pursuing a prospect, there’s probably a good reason. Maybe several good reasons. And, WRT Taylor, I am unsure that an official visit to Virginia is a big deal for him. What is it he doesn’t know about UVa? Also, McKneely is taking his OV at the same time as Traudt. Isn’t Nunez visiting on his own this month, too? I can’t remember that one, but everything seems to be going smoothly for now. It is just June.

Edit to add: Additionally, while there might be four or five scholarships available, I am unsure that Coach Bennett will use them all on the 2022 class. First, I don’t know who will be leaving. Clark, Stattmann, and Gardner all have an extra year to use. Any of the three might return for a fifth year. Franklin and Caffaro each have at least two years to go. This is still a young roster. There was a time when it seemed as though Coach Bennett never wanted to pocket an unused scholarship. Now that the transfer portal has new rules, I am not so sure of that.

2 Likes