2023 Baseball

Hoos opener is at noon on ESPN + streaming on Friday.

1 Like

How we feel about this regional? Donā€™t love ECU

3 Likes

NCAA has zero creativity. Seems like weā€™ve had Army and ECU in regionals three or four times, and OU for a regional and a Supers.

Also sets up the possibility that Early faces his old team in Game 1 and Parker faces his in Game 2.

1 Like

Parker came from Coastal, heā€™s got a chance to play them in the Supers.

He did pitch a gem in his start against ECU in last yearā€™s regional.

2 Likes

Cville Regional Primer

Will hopefully get up scouring reports on our starting pitcher opponents when those names are known.

3 Likes

How are you feeling about the draw, KarlHess? Any predictions?

1 Like

Didnā€™t get a few teams that I thought we could have that I didnā€™t want to see (Maryland, Tennessee specifically) and didnā€™t get a team I thought we might get that I wanted to draw (UCONN).

What I like about the regional is that weā€™ll have to play good baseball to win it. What I donā€™t like is that we canā€™t show up to the park and just roll, so I suspect thereā€™s going to be some stress if weā€™re to emerge victorious.

ECU and Oklahoma are both not as good as last yearā€™s squads. But theyā€™ll both have chips on their shoulders because thatā€™s how ECU always is and Oklahoma is getting some bad press for getting into the field over Kansas State. The Sooners look to be a team that sets out to challenge you in the running game over trying to hit the ball out of the park, so thatā€™s a different dimension.

Army is a solid club that probably isnā€™t going to have the depth required at this level but they have a few guys that Iā€™d take on our team. Theyā€™re a very solid 4 seed, so the odds of a laugher like we sometimes pop in the midweek games is highly unlikely to happen.

I think us or ECU will be the winner. Kind of surprised that Oklahoma got into the field looking at them closer. Would like to see Army win at least one game as long as it is not at our expense.

8 Likes

Of all the B12 teams to draw, OU was the one to get. I wanted none of TCU. Their bats are on fire.

2 Likes

UVA regional press conference. Sounds like Edge is getting the start tomorrow, I think itā€™s a good move personally.

2 Likes

At work!!! Where is game streaming?

ESPN+ .

1 Like

Thanks. Subscription required?

Well, this is going nicely.

2 Likes

5-0 Hoos thru 1

2 Likes

What a start!

2 Likes

6 nothing. Cavs arenā€™t fucking around.

3 Likes

8 - 0 Cavs. Bottom 2nd. No outs.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a link to the radio broadcast out of Cā€™Ville. https://wina.com/

1 Like

10 zip Cavs going into the bottom of the 3rd.

2 Likes

Mercy!

3 Likes