2023 Basketball - Who's Staying? Who's Going?

Imac.

4 Likes

For those interested in timing. Last year:

3/22 UVA loses to St. Bonaventure
3/23 McCorkle enters portal
3/25 Poindexter enters portal
4/1 Miličić enters portal
4/8 Gardner announces return
4/18 Kihei announces return
4/23 BVP commits to UVA

So within 3 days we heard from 2/3 of our out-transfers. I remember the later Miličić announcement was a gut punch because I thought it was over.

12 Likes

Nothing could be worse than the offense in 2020. Just dreadful. There’s no way we could be that awful with shooters like the Issacs on the team. They’ll prevent 2020 by themselves.

2 Likes

Igor’s announcement also fell on April Fool’s Day, which was a tough sell for a number of people.

4 Likes

What makes you confident he won’t be here next year?

I’m not confident he will be gone but I’m not 80-90% confident he will be back. I think Reece will go through all of the nba stuff and I’m a little nervous that the early exit gives him lots of time to heal up before going through workouts. Then we could have the worst of both worlds where he doesn’t decide until late and then still leaves and we still had an early exit

1 Like

That was also when we secured London Johnson’s commitment. At least there was good with the bad.

1 Like
6 Likes

Doesn’t NIL money factor in here? If he can come back and make $1,000,000 or come back and make $10,000 (going to extremes to make my point), couldn’t that impact his decision, especially if somewhere in 2R?

For sure, it’s what’s keeping more guys who aren’t getting big guaranteed NBA contracts in the NCAA. See Carolina’s team this year for one example of many. Oscar Tshiebwe too.

I think it clearly makes Reece more likely to stay than 10 years ago. I don’t know how much NIL money there is or how much more likely.

3 Likes

Not bad taste starting with the fact of we have no clue. If you said “who do you hope transfers out” thats proly wrong

1 Like

Slightly more than you think for certain guys but way less than the big numbers we hear other places (of course)

2 Likes

Wait now I have to decide what I think they’re making and then add a little bit. Hmmm, mostly I thought they were making let’s say $20-50k although BVP and Pringles I think was $50-100k by itself.

3 Likes

I think you are in the ballpark. Had no idea pringles was that much. Great for him

4 Likes

Anyone figure out how to get a can?

4 Likes

Ugh. It’s a stupid Instagram contest.

lame

Look for them on ebay for $200 a can in a few months.

4 Likes

Totally lame. Thanks for the info

4 Likes

Those include Drew Timme, Gonzanga; Ben Vancer Plas, UVA;

Great proofreading too.

I would have gone out and bought a can of Pringles, easy. This contest is stupid.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Outside UVa Recruiting