2023 Late Recruiting Cycle

It’s just stating a fact. Doesn’t seem like anything attacking us

9 Likes

Little bit of a relationship here from the first go round. Not sure how he wound up at Austin Peay.

https://twitter.com/365_Recruits/status/1636588734547197952

I expect they’ll be one of the many to talk to the Merrimack big man too. They know some folks around him but so do a lot of other schools.

10 Likes

Just looked him up. Sign me up. A true big dude.

1 Like

Same build and game as that Sorber kid they were looking at.

2 Likes

Seems like the staff is at least gonna inquire about adding a bruiser to play the Papi/Salt role. Hopefully if they do bring in someone they’ll have some offensive upside as well, we could use a guy who can consistently score on the block.

Everett can shoot it a bit too, 20 made 3’s this year and was 70% from the line.

3 Likes

From watching this guy, he can play in the post and shoot the 3 at about a 32-33% clip. Not horrible for that role. Would be huge to have a guy who could be a threat at the top to shoot but also play down low.

1 Like

Not really a rim protector though. And Kadin’s mobility allows for perimeter defense and strong help defense too. Would be a huge drop off defensively from Kadin.

No offense to either of these guys but I think the bigger target is to rerecruit Kadin cause there is a clear difference between him and these guys, regardless of personal opinion. I do like the austin peay guy. And the merrimack player is bouncy but at 6-8 he doesn’t shoot 3s at all.

11 Likes

And Kadin already knows the packline. Even if we could get the second coming of Mamadi, they would need to spend months learning the defense that Kadin already knows how to play

I just don’t quite see how a low major transfer bruiser who has never played the pack line is going to be better than Kadin + Traudt + Buchanan

5 Likes

Buchanan- by all accounts- likely not ready next year.

7 Likes

I understand that is the consensus but I wish I could use a time portal or something and see Reece + McKneely + Armaan + Traudt + Buchanan

Vs that same lineup but with one of these random big guys from a low major school

I do wonder if any of these mid major guys will go anywhere. From my recollection the only mid major guy we’ve taken is Ben. All the rest have been P5 or 6. That said a dude is a dude downlow.

3 Likes

Or Buchanan by Jay Willy account will be more than ready

1 Like

Gardner and Murphy

1 Like

Those are P6 schools, ECU and Rice, guess I’m using football standards.

P6 is football P5 + big East. The American, WCC, MW, and A10 have come to be called ‘high major’ to distinguish them from true mid major leagues. Those 4 leagues essentially make up their own second tier

1 Like

Right, point is, Ben is really the only true ‘mid major’ guy we’ve taken from the portal

Just clarifying for everyone. It’s pertinent information to keep in mind while looking at transfers

3 Likes

I know @Hooandtrue is big on Kaufman-Renn but what about Caleb Furst? He was originally the 1A recruit that year.

Furst’s role took a step back it appears. If Gillis and Edey return then I can’t see it getting better for him.

2 Likes

Re-recruit the guy we could have kept by just playing him normal minutes the last several games of the regular season? Classic.

On the Salt/Papi types, no thanks. In tired of big stacks of bricks with zero offensive skills. We need someone who is a threat to score and doesn’t have hands of stone.

6 Likes