2023 Late Recruiting Cycle

Eh if Kadin is gone you need a proper big in the 7-8 man rotation. Traudt and Dunn can cover a lot but I’m suspect of Traudt’s defense generally and Dunn against big body bigs.

The big question is can you convince someone to transfer with the real possibility that they will be a 20 min a game guy max.

Ideally you’d get a senior Mamadi who could guard bigs but also stretch 4s. Not many out there.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ThePortalReport/status/1637107867944730625

7 Likes

ARK trying to disprove that you can’t take them all. Jeez?

1 Like

First name listed. Obviously he’s ours

2 Likes

That’s a pretty big spread on quality of teams that are showing interest, haha.

I think I like EJ Jarvis more, he’s played against better comp. Even the gap between Ivy and NEC is real. Minor’s per-game numbers are really good, but he’s only shot 52% on 2s against worse defenses.

1 Like

Certainly seems like we are preparing for Shed to leave. Can’t be caught sleeping

3 Likes

No thank you.

Doesn’t shoot the 3 and career sub 60% free throw shooter.

Not to mention bringing in super seniors is just taking minutes from younger player with higher ceilings. Unless those younger players aren’t going to be here…

7 Likes

same - already played his 4 years … personally I’m done with any Covid year dudes.

7 Likes

Losing a lot in the front court too. Might want to reach out and see if a player is interested in a role like young has at Duke

Blurb from UNC site. Must be nice to be a blue blood……and have lots of roster space lol

‘What we can confirm is that there are multiple, major conference players who will enter the portal or are seriously considering it who have already privately expressed UNC interest. We’d expect UNC to be involved in short order’

3 Likes

From the rumors I’ve heard, UNC is going to have more space opening

20 Likes

If Caleb Love comes back, Seth Trimble to Marquette? Caleb Love was rumored to be gone/entering the portal but insider posters (not mods) on their board say they are hearing he’s more likely to come back now and someone else is also entering.

1 Like

……hate to see it……point was more I’d like dudes to be lining up to play for CTB rather than Hubert or Louisvilles cash

All that said, piecemeal rosters rarely have much success and UNC is looking at one next season.

4 Likes

One of Love/Davis is leaving. No way they play together gain lol

7 Likes

Caleb Love almost feels like a Markus Howard situation. “If he’s back, I’m out…”

Howard killed one K disciple’s coaching career. Will Love kill a Roy disciple’s career?

2 Likes

Can’t understand any party involved, either Love,Davis or unc fans, wanting him to stay.

2 Likes

The “gap” or lack of talent on the floor gathered my attention. It did seem like he was playing against New England Prep School players in NEPSAC gyms. But the numbers are the numbers.

I suggest that you gird your loins for disappointment. The meta narrative on this board is a disagreement/acceptance of CTB’s systemic risk-aversion. That will not change. IMHO the likelihood that UVA goes into the 23 -24 season with only one(?) proven post player is LOW. Coach Painter did not bring in any OLD/STALE/LOW Upside backcourt players. How did that work out for him when FDU threw something at them that they hadn’t dealt with all season?

1 Like

I would always like to have a Jack Salt on the team. Not as the starter, but a powerful post defender who can move his feet for when we face really strong post scorers.

The real problem is that even our perimeter guys were not able to shoot adequately from 3 and mid range games are great for losing to upstarts.

Traudt, by all accounts, is a great perimeter shooter. Provided that he’s still at UVA next season, he has to get on the floor in a variety of ways. He’s not enough in the post though, assuming Kadin is gone then we have to land a capable post defender/rebounder and scoring skills would be nice.

We really need Dunn to get his perimeter shooting touch. He can be a good player for us “as is” but any comp to Dre dies quickly if he can’t shoot from the perimeter. He can be the ideal 4 man for us if he can shoot.

We know IMac can shoot. We need another wing that can. Bond? Maybe. He looked like he had promise in Italy. I’m hoping he’s a capable 3 man who can play the 4 at times, not a pure 4 with 3 size. I usually don’t get my wish in these sort of things.

We need Beeks back. Beeks brings it all together.

I’m not expecting a lot from Gertrude and BB their first season, even if they don’t redshirt which I’m expecting them to do. I am expecting a LOT from them after their first year though. Gertrude might play in the same way that Dunn did. His pure athleticism might make him too valuable to redshirt.

So we need at least one big who can play the post for absolutely certain from the portal. We need another wing with some length and with shooting skills assuming Franklin doesn’t come back. We may need another PG depending on Beeks decision.

And it’s a long, long effing off season and I hate everything. I’m not a MLB fan anymore. I need UVA baseball to have a long run in post season, a Lax Natty, and I need the Mandalorian to be about 30 episodes long with some Luke Skywalker sightings mixed in. I’m not excited about the array of movies coming this Summer.

At least I can count on our Women’s Swim Team!!

4 Likes

It would be nice to actually have a guy w a legit post game to play inside out with. Give Issac2 et al some space

1 Like