2023 Men's Lacrosse

16-14 Dook final.

Super frustrating game to watch. Virginia only had control of the game during a few brief spurts and could never get over the hump. After seeing this game and the Maryland game, maybe the lacrosse team needs to find some dawgs? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Women are on right now… down 2 to ND in the ACC QF in the the 4th. They were down 6 late in the 3rd.

Now only down 1!

3 Likes

Ugh… UVa goalkeeper doesn’t have very good reaction… she seemed to have her feet in concrete… ended up losing 15-13.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/rtd_mikebarber/status/1655388634093158407?s=46&t=uWWx_Dkz2XN_W22Ad1tnww

5 Likes

Man Duke and Maryland on the other side? Almost makes up for the screw job last year

6 Likes

About as good a draw as you could hope for. But Georgetown and Yale are excellent teams. Either would be a tough draw, should the squad dispose of the Spiders.

1 Like

UVA up 5-2 on Richmond in NCAA first round on ESPNU right now. Field is a giant puddle.

1 Like

Looks like a giant green slip ‘n’ slide.

2 Likes

10-4 at half. This game is barely playable but we’re making it work somehow.

Will start the 2nd half a man down after a last second penalty.

4 Likes

And Maryland goes down. So that’s one of our nemeses out of the tourney.

Great game by Army.

11 Likes

Probably jinxing it but Delaware looking up 7-3 on Duke through 20 min of play…

3 Likes

Woof

1 Like

Yep, you jinxed it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i was there (we live in Durham and half my daughter’s school was going, we’re surrounded by dukies… frankly, thought the crowd was embarrassing for an NCAA game).

Delaware felt like they had a chance to really put it away, but made a few turnovers. also this weird moment where they were man up to end the 1st half. could have tried to go fast and score out of their timeout with about 10 seconds left. they didn’t, choosing to keep the man-up and possession to start the 2nd half (when they had about another 9 seconds on the man-up). they also then didn’t try to do anything with that man up to start the 2nd. So basically just let the penalty give them a default face-off win to open the 2nd half… and then pretty quickly turned it over.

seemed like the overall lack of aggression there fed into the 3rd period, and they let #2 from duke score a few times and get their emotions up. ultimately, Delaware only played their “B+” game and probably needed the “A” game. which sucks.

3 Likes

Headline threw me off but he’s trying to transfer after next spring for his 5th grad year to pay bball. I guess you can throw your name in the portal for future years.

https://twitter.com/rtd_mikebarber/status/1658552200765792257?s=46&t=uWWx_Dkz2XN_W22Ad1tnww

9 Likes

Does the article explain how many years of eligibility you have switching sports as a graduate student? Only 1?

1 Like

Thats cool

I think 1, since the limiting factor is the 5 year window for athletic eligibility; I think you can play up to 4 seasons per sport. That’s all probably subject to COVID/injury/hardship waivers of various sorts; I’m not sure if a guy who has a COVID year and has played 4 seasons in one sport would have 1 or 2 seasons available after switching to their second sport.

2 Likes

During our game against Richmond they said the Covid year only applies to an athlete’s original sport. Apparently we are applying for another year of eligibility for Ricky Miezan but it’s under an injury waiver from one of his football years since he’s not eligible for a covid year in lax

3 Likes