šŸ† 2024 Awards SZN

ACC first team with no Reeceā€¦

The Wire Bullshit GIF by Giphy QA

8 Likes

Full release here, Reece was seventh in voting with Bacot just ahead of him:

2 Likes

GIF by South Park

Completely expected Reece to get snubbed. It takes more understanding than just counting stat columns and listening to Jay Bilas to appreciate him. Like with the AP poll, fans need to just stop caring about this kind of crap. There are good informed media members involved, but theyā€™re outnumbered.

16 Likes

Thatā€™s it. We need to move to the SEC ASAP. They have 8 dudes on their all conference team.

5 Likes

Bummer about Reece not being 1st team.

Very cool that he and Dunn led the vote for All-ACC Defense.

They also took 62/75 DPOY votes. I thought schools only nominated one player for that.

IMACulate got one vote for most improved.

4 Likes

Quentin Post lol

https://x.com/RossMartinNC/status/1767281562637250811?s=20

2 Likes

I like how #2 in the DPOY voting was Ryan Dunn, and Dunn got more votes than everyone after him added together.

Edit - Also good for Burton for winning Rookie of the Year over McCain. Burton deserved it, I just assumed heā€™d get hosed.

9 Likes

I completely agree with you about ā€œFlipā€ but I know someone from Duke will be there, and he is the logical ā€“ and realistic ā€“ choice.

1 Like

Okay, forget that post. Sorry, I am slow; miserably sick today.

Reece being left off is a terrible snub. Sadly, I should have seen it coming. This actually makes me angry. How much more did they want him to do? Crazyā€¦

4 Likes

Wow, TB just barely beat out Kenny Payneā€¦

Coach of the Year
Hubert Davis, North Carolina, 49 votes
Jeff Capel, Pitt, 12
Adrian Autry, Syracuse, 6
Micah Shrewsberry, Notre Dame, 3
Jon Scheyer, Duke, 2
Brad Brownell, Clemson, 1
Damon Stoudamire, Georgia Tech, 1
Tony Bennett, Virginia, 1

9 Likes

I like Brianā€™s ballot more than where the awards ended up (not sure if he actually had a vote):

https://x.com/bgeis_bird/status/1767301625775845884?s=46&t=wAzMZR-0PRGT1LpN6U5x0g

Does Tony do a pre-ACCT presser? If so I hope he calls out how stupid it is to leave a guy who won DPOY, led the conference in assists by 60+, and was the leading scorer on the 3rd place team off 1st team All ACC. That Reece finished behind Bacot is straight up indefensible

6 Likes

Also is my math off or was RJ Davis not unanimous 1st team? Seems crazy anyone could leave him off

I caught the first part of the coaches show online. He made that point in the most Tony way possible.

Basically saying he wouldā€™ve hoped for more recognition for Reece but that it was still an honor, etcā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m convinced that most voters knew that Reece was going to be their defensive player of the year, and then they thought, ā€œWell, I already voted him for that, so I can feel free to put others on the first team All-ACC.ā€

2 Likes

These awards are far too often an ā€œall-offenseā€ team award, and sometimes just really a points-per-game award. Otherwise Hinson isnā€™t sniffing first team.

10 Likes

@AdventiveQuasar You nailed it exactly

Every ACC team would take Reece!! As their PG. definition of first team all ACC.

Oh well

5 Likes

How does your PG with the best A/T ratio in the ACC. Number 2 in steals. And, not only the best in the ACC but the best on ball defender in the Country, while also averaging double digit scoring get left off of any ACC first team ballot? What more can he do ā€¦

9 Likes

Play in a faster paced offense to get more points.

2 Likes