🏆 2024 Awards SZN

10 Likes

Can you put 6 on the first team?

Edit: the Women’s side of things has 10(!) per team:

2 Likes

Is that new, the 10 team on the women’s side?

Could be 6 on the first team if there’s a tie in the voting…JB is calling it!

3 Likes

It was 10 per team last year:

They only do two teams, instead of 3 teams of 5 and an honorable mention.

2 Likes

The women have two teams of 10, but the men have three teams of 5 plus a list of honorable mentions, so it’s somewhat comparable.

It always struck me as odd that the ACC men had three teams of 5 back when there were only 7 teams in the conference, and now that we have 15 teams… still no expansion in the all-ACC teams. Essentially the bar has been raised substantially for inclusion in postseason accolades.

1 Like

I agree with all of your picks but I think they’ll take 5 out of your 6 for first team. Will it be Reece or Hinson? It should be Reece.

If we’re doing the has to be 5 for first team thing I’d say sallis gets left off in favor of Flip. But we’ll see.

3 Likes

Ha. I saw this thread and thought, “Oh wow, LRA is going to dive into the Oscars, now?”

5 Likes

Reece!! Not even close.

I would go: RJ Davis, PJ Hall, Hunter Sallis, Flip (gag), and Reece. That’s it!

2 Likes

I know everyone in the ACC thinks Flip is the 2nd coming but he’s a crybaby trouble maker who needs a good dose of a man tripping him and kicking him. I’m convinced what happened at that court storming at Wake Forest was his fault as well. Just a real prick to play that dirty.I believe it’s in the Duke DNA . Duke sucks

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything since that game so I
assume the league hasn’t done anything or will do anything

BOOOOOO
https://x.com/JonRothstein/status/1767280161941073980?s=20

6 Likes

Reece ACC DPOY!

8 Likes

NOW WE’RE TALKING

REECE!!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a snub imo. Offensively they’re about the same (FG% is almost identical), but Hinson just takes more shots. Completely discounts Reece’s defensive and playmaking ability

6 Likes

Criminal for Reece to not be 1st team.

12 Likes

Should’ve been his third, but the ACC had give Mark Williams DPOTY two years ago bc he had more blocks

6 Likes

RJ Davis is POTY and Hubert Davis is COTY for anyone interested

2 Likes

Such bullshit but no surprise. As Tony said, I hope the important people see what Reece has done and hold him in a higher regard

5 Likes