🏀 2024 Basketball Transfer Portal - Portal Kombat! Fight!

It’s that time of year. Some players are already declaring their intention to transfer. It’ll pick up steam as more teams finish their season.

The portal officially opens on March 18, the Monday after Selection Sunday. The deadline for players to enter is May 1st. And as I understand, that applies to graduates too this year.

10 Likes

X marks the start

3 Likes

i know it’s early, but any indication we’ll take a different approach in the portal this year?

I think “different approach” would mean - lean more into NIL/inducement? Really focus on a top tier all-conference (at either a P5 or high level mid-major level) offensive player?

Only rumor I want to hear is we are prepared to aggressively pitch our upgraded NIL packages to every 4 man with a pulse. Oh and a combo guard. That’s a dawg.

11 Likes

I don’t think Tony really understood when we said the team needs dawgs

8 Likes

Walk-ons only, message sent on who gets to play with puppies!

(I guess the others went to the hospital: Cavaliers spending time with patients at UVA Medical Center)

ElMarko Jackson told Kansas staff he is transferring

9 Likes

We do love PGs that can’t shoot

6 Likes

sounds familiar

Maybe Villanova? They need a pg and they usually have wings and forwards who can shoot where a non shooting pg will have lanes to drive and create

5 Likes

Mark Armstrong is standing there like “hey man, not cool, that’s my role already.”

It does seem like they will have to portal for a guard. Their returning perimeter rotation players are Armstrong, Hausen, Longino…I guess TJ Bamba has a COVID year he could take. All their 2024 recruits are frontcourt players I think.

Elmarko’s case is interesting to think about. He got his fair shake, probably more opportunities than you would expect a guy turning it over that much and shooting that poorly to get on a team with contender aspirations. Still transferring out. Kansas has a 2024 PG coming in right? Maybe it was a writing on the wall situation.

2 Likes

Feel like there should be a lot of demand in general in the ACC for bigs. Will be a lot folks graduating.

Basically UNCs entire backcourt (Bacot Withers), BC (Post), NC State (Burns, Diara), Clemson (Hall), FSU (Baba to the draft or transfer?), Wake (Monsanto/Carr/Efton’s annual transfer), Miami (Ormier), Duke (Flip), Louisville (Assuming Huntley-Hatfield transfers), VT (Kidd, Poteat, Beran)

Quite a shakeup coming.

6 Likes

Hearing PJ Hall to Carolina smoke…

2 Likes

Theyve been trying for a while each off season they think Bacot is leaving

A lot of those named have a covid year - Kidd, Poteat, Withers, Hall, Ormier are the ones that come to mind.

2 Likes

Elmarko would be a solid alternative if Gertrude decides to transfer out (hope not) or if Rohde/Dante aren’t here. Higher ceiling and really good athlete but he’s also a guy who shoots off the dribble in the midrange pull up as opposed to the catch and shoot threes. He reminds me a lot of Reece.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1765886532089507864

Injured but here is the tape

2 Likes

Wrong Central Arkansas player

Elmarkup, indeed.

3 Likes

Not transfer portal but Liam McKneely decommited from IU. Wheres he going? Kansas?

I’ll defer to @Hooandtrue on this one

3 Likes