2024 Class Reachout day (June 15th 2022)

I’ll check tomorrow but not sure about that one. There’s interest in him though.

7 Likes

Was Huntington Prep ever a top top school or did they only get heavy attention when Andrew Wiggins was there? And otherwise they are a PVI level school?

Same as with all these prep schools. Coaches change, so they rise and fall. They’ve gone through a few. And then they shut down the covid year, so have had to restock basically.

3 Likes

Looks like they are usually 10 deep with D1 players every year.

2 Likes

GrandMaMa?

6 Likes

GrandMaMa, jr?

1 Like

I didn’t get the Grandmama reference so I had to look it up.

2 Likes

Oh snap he moves a lot like Reece.

3 Likes

Grandmama is no stranger to the Virginia locker room:

UVa vs Arizona

5 Likes

That’s not UVA. That team is wearing orange.

3 Likes

Young Gramdmama doesn’t yet have a UVA offer.

9 Likes

Someone tell Larry Johnson then LOL. (I wouldn’t mind him being offered eventually. The first glance at clips leads me to a “me likey”)

4 Likes

Kid is Reece but with a 3pt shot that looks comfortable out of HS. No way we get this kid even if we do offer LOL.

At least he acknowledges the Reece comparison by throwing in a photo of reece in his post.

5 Likes

Is it a little surprising UVa hasn’t offered Ty Davis or either of the Wisconsin kids? With Davis, is it a matter of letting things play out fully with the remaining ‘23 PG options?

1 Like

Gonna copy and paste this sentence from HGN’s last intel report from a few weeks ago (@HoozGotNext can remove it if it’s violating policy or whatnot). Hard to keep up and remember things when we have to use all our energy to argue (and rightfully so) about streams for Italy.

“I wouldn’t make too much of those players being offered ahead of others. They were offered now because they visited. All of them are doing mini tours this week with multiple stops. We’ll find out next month when coaches visit schools which 2024 recruits will be priority targets.”

10 Likes

Thanks and that makes sense. The details will be defined once go time hits in September for ‘24 targets. I can’t imagine UVa won’t be involved with those 3 kids.

2 Likes

Aw he removed it. Gonna be awkward if and when we actually offer him LOL.

2 Likes

what if he accepts the offer he doesn’t have?

4 Likes

Huntington Prep? OK, good luck with that.

We have had some experience recruiting Huntington Prep and it’s all bad.

Jaemyn Brakefield is the one that comes to mind

3 Likes