'21 - '22 In-Season UVa Basketball Chat

9.1% winning percentage in national title games? Unacceptable.

3 Likes

My hope is that Armaan only plays 20m a game - maybe 24 at most - next year. I also wish that would be the case this year but not likely to happen.
For next year - My hope is that he plays at the 2 almost exclusively and we can play guys at the positions they are best suited for 95% of the time.
Reece at 1 - Only need Isaac or
Franklin/ McKneely at 2 - Carson prob. gone - would prefer Carson over Franklin - since Franklin would be in his last year
Milicic/Murray at 3
Traudt at 4
Shedrick/Transfer/Papi at 5
Traudt at legit small ball 5 with Milicic as small ball 4.

1 Like

Actually his winning % is 100 percent. 1 for 1.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nybuckets/status/1486398811207610368?s=21

NIT projection - 6 seed

4 Likes

So we have to yell at this guy this year? Not Lunardi? [insert gif of Larry David deciding on 2 things or Alonzo Mourning hesitantly deciding something is okay].

Also, first game at Blacksburg?

Lunardi? Or NIT guy?

Something to be said for the NIT guy.

2 Likes

That’s fair. Still a lot of work to do.

Would we take Jesse edwards as a stretch 4? Doesn’t shoot but I think it’s like Kadin where he could shoot in HS but the team never puts it in their playbook/don’t develop the stretch ability more

Yet apparently those glasses make his kids and Joe Girard look like MJ. I’m so over Boeheim and him crapping all over kids. Good case study in knowing when to hang it up.

1 Like

Didn’t have to be a Hoo but what the hell was Justin Taylor thinking?

4 Likes

What do you mean? Justin fits perfectly into the Cole Swider/Boeheim spot. Play zone - don’t have to guard anyone and score and shoot all day on offense.

10 Likes

One of my favorite parts of following UVA basketball is when people are surprised Tony likes normal things. It’s like of some these people think TB is a monk lol

5 Likes

Don’t normalize liking Boyz 2 Men.

4 Likes

He also talks about listening to lot of Baby Face. Fresh and TB definitely same era

4 Likes

The fact that both of y’all bumpin some Babyface is not a surprise at all.

@haney I was introducing the kids to Boyz 2 Men yesterday. And that’s a shoot.

3 Likes

30 years later Im still tryin to figure out what Whip Appeal means though

4 Likes

You should’ve waited until the waters ran dry, IMO. :joy:

Somehow, my 2-year old daughter doesn’t appreciate moody indie rock. Very disappointing.

3 Likes

Early 90’s hip hop and R&B could be it’s own thread.

7 Likes

Yes please. we can relate it to UVa basketball

3 Likes

Everybody knows '90s and 00’s alt rock was the best that music ever got. Jeez.

If I had to choose a rap/hip-hop walk-up song though… hmm. Might have to go with Shook Ones Part 2 by Mobb Deep, Hip Hop by Dead Prez, This is America by Childish Gambino, or maybe DNA by Kendrick Lamar.

3 Likes

I used to be a regular at a Comedy Club that let performers have their own intro music. Everyone went with hip hop and whatnot. I used “O Fortuna” from Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana.

5 Likes