2nd AAU live period

I thought you were going to ignore me…

but yeah, I totally agree. I thought he looked really good when he was on the floor early in the season. raw, as you put it, but he just oozes potential. and diakite is probably good comp and agree he looked ahead.

I don’t know if we are supposed to expect him to hit 3s (honest question, i don’t know), so maybe Jay isn’t the comp, but they came in with kinda similar situations (really tall but way too skinny), and I’d say Kadin is light years ahead of Jay at a similar time, though eerily similar in getting bogged down a little with health stuff.

Note: “ahead of jay” is open to interpretation so what I’m talking about here is more like traditional post play. I don’t really need Kadin to shoot like Jay. I almost don’t want him to try. Jay was a hell of a shooter and a hell of shot blocker, but not a super physical presence in the post. I’m hoping Kadin is able to bulk up a little better. I really hope this isn’t viewed as being too critical, because I am not trying to disparage a guy that I thought was a really good player for us and clearly a good dude, as all our players seem to be.

Edit: in case it’s not clear, I am wildly bullish Kadin Shedrick stock. Buy of the century right here.

4 Likes

Uh oh, WFS is wildly bullish …We’re F*CKED. Somebody had to say it :clown_face:

2 Likes

Sensabaugh playing. #5 in grey

Brice Sensabaugh

Cal’s going to coach the dad and the son. Would’ve been amazing if he coached granddad Milt too.

1 Like

I can think of Hagans and Quickley. The Harrison twins. The short point guard. I actually feel worse for the guys who come in behind the guys who unexpectedly stay. Cal will play whoever’s better and usually the 2nd year guy is better.

Can see the scoring ability for Sensabaugh. The defensive effort is uh… well he’d certainly be putting in some work on that end once he got here.

2 Likes

Yeah those guys all went to the draft after their 2nd year. That was buried in my post that Reed’s got to basically feel like after Year 2 he can enter the draft. Hard pressed to find a 3rd year guy.

1 Like

I certainly agree, but I think Sensabaugh’s a surprisingly good athlete and with the right trainer and coach could be a very good defender.

4 Likes

And the ones you do find are bigs.

Who called sensabaugh “baby Zion?” I’m increasingly seeing it.

Nah - more like baby Paul Pierce

2 Likes

Sensabaugh kinda has a Lu Dort build.

1 Like

James Harden without the point guard skills…yet (same shooting motion and head hitch on the shot).

1 Like

Yeah, I first saw it just a few days ago but I don’t recall where… It’s certainly not perfect but it’s not bad.

If you guys remember PJ Hairston from UNC several years back, same size, and shooting motion which was beautiful.

Sensabaugh has a lot of potential.

1 Like

Here was my hot take on the guy fwiw which is obviously zero

2 Likes

To be fair, you didn’t know he might be interested in UVA at the time.

1 Like

My bad I missed that you said 2nd year too. I just read 1st.

Yeah, I can’t think of any guards that made it 3 or 4 years and got drafted. Couple centers. Cauley-Stein and Richards.

1 Like

I don’t know how to link to the specific post but it was user Hoohoohoo - as far as I can tell.

1 Like