šŸ€ #3 Virginia vs #11 BC, ACCT QF, Thurs, 14 Mar, 2130, ESPN/2

Donā€™t laugh but GT was a high pressure game for this team. Lose and theyā€™re on the wrong side of the bubble combined with senior day emotions. They did pretty well (also helped by some questionable GT D).

4 Likes

First BC game too.

4 Likes

Good points. I think the ā€œbigā€ games that have been blowouts just stick front of mind.

I will say: this feel qualitatively different than the earlier BC and GT games though. It is the actual last opportunity and the team has had a few days to digest the bubble reality.

Alright my pessimism is out of the way now. Letā€™s go Hoos, see yā€™all tonight.

2 Likes

I like our spot here. Third game in a row for BC- and this is not an example of a bubble team making a spirited run. This is a true NIT/lower team winning a few games. I think in that spirit, itā€™s a very challenging spot for them to play against our style with tired legs.

I think itā€™ll be close for 25 min or so, and we end up with a 6-8 point margin by the 12:00 mark. Close it out and win by 5-6. Go Hoos!

3 Likes

BC doesnā€™t take away opponentā€™s 3s, so hopefully we get looks for IMac, Jake, Taine, and a willing Reece. And then on the other end, we need to do what Clemson couldnā€™t and keep their guards in check. Harris didnā€™t get much against us in the first game (even before he had the nasty first half collision with his teammate) and that needs to be the case again. In some ways, itā€™s a little like the GT matchup.

3 Likes

Iā€™m worried about this game because our offense usually stinks and a lot of times, when the offense stinks, the defense ā€œlets go of the ropeā€ (h/t Dave from Cavs Corner pod).

But our offense played pretty well at the end of the last BC game so maybe thatā€™s something.

[insert boilerplate about how this is all Tonyā€™s fault because heā€™s decided to have our offense be garbage] Prove me wrong, Tony! For the love of God, prove me wrongā€¦

Who starts?

• Big lineup (I.e. Dunn at 3) with Minor
  • Big lineup with Buchanan
  • Taine Time with Dunn-Minor
  • Taine Time with Dunn-Buchanan
  • Taine-Time with Dunn-Groves
0 voters

Of all of Tonyā€™s teams, this is by far the most bi-polar, the least consistent. Who could be remotely surprised by a L? A toss up dependent on our level of neuroticism, imo.

8 Likes

This is when we get protected by ACC refs to ensure another tournament team right?

14 Likes

Logically, yes of course, but after how the past month of the season played out (and oh by the way GT was ONLY called for 4 freakin fouls Sat) hell no.

7 Likes

If we have less than 20 in the 3PA column tonight I will be very sad.

11 Likes

The top two poll results were definitely the two I was in between.

2 Likes

Line up to -4.5 or -5 from -3.5 where I saw it in the middle of the night. The GT line also was moving in our favor toward tip off, and we know how that worked out! W!

2 Likes

robert deniro psychiatrist GIF

1 Like

Vegas caught word of no Dante

85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

2 Likes

No Dante? What did I miss

2 Likes

I think heā€™s trying to speak it into existence

6 Likes

Dante in a conference tourney ā€¦ :eyes: Last game vs BC he played 10 mins and had 3 fouls. Rohde 19 mine and Taine 7. Each hit 1 3 and not much else. Curious to see how Tony uses those 3.

2 Likes

That was right before Taine almost didnā€™t make the Duke trip per TB, so maybe he was already not feeling well at that point. I think the post-GT comments from TB signal heavy Taine minutes incoming. I do think it will be the big lineup to start, as I bet the staff liked how Dunn was able to bother Madsen, and IMac held up on Harris just fine.

I mean look our variance this year, of course no one trusts our team!

2 Likes