A Moment of Silence ot Prayer

Very cool

2 Likes

@HoozGotNext , Thanks a lot buddy. That shot by Kehei makes it easier. The truth is I basically followed you from Facebook to Twitter and from Twitter to here. I’m really glad you did. This is the best group I’ve ever been associated with. Me and my Daddy and whole family (minus my mom who was the biggest fan in the family) enjoyed it more than I can say. After practically every UVA win I would call my Daddy and sister and several friends. I always called Daddy, he never called me but one time after a game. Who wants to take a guess which game it was. It speaks to the man he was.

11 Likes

@stoke , I’m from Lambsburg which you may or may not have heard of. I graduated from Carroll County High School. Was you in Galax during the Sampson era? Anyway I graduated in 1975. At that time there was still a very intense rival with Galax. It’s not like that anymore as all the guys grow up playing ball with each other year round. Glad to see some homeboys on here,lol

3 Likes

@Hoosthechamp - I probably knew exactly where Lambsburg was at some point. I lived in Galax 78-83 so my years there coincided with Sampson at UVA. I definitely remember the rivalry between Galax and Carroll County, no doubt. I’m in Blacksburg now, trying to keep it real in southwest VA.

I know this is a tough time for you and your family. It’s awesome that you were so close to your dad and have so many great memories. Really appreciate you sharing with this group. Prayers to you - stay strong.

3 Likes

Thanks, Lambsburg is below the mountain near Cana. I appreciate the kind words. Blacksburg seems like a tough place for a Hoo ,lol

3 Likes

Tough place for a Hoo? Not tonight!

2 Likes

No it wasn’t tonight, lol. Made you sweat a little at the end. Since they have started playing better I’m feeling much more confident at crunch time

1 Like

Very sorry to hear.

2 Likes

Thank you

@Hoosthechamp Very sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my dad almost 6 years ago, and he was a big reason that I am a Hoo fan. Used to take me to games ever since I was too young to even remember.

Best wishes to you and your family.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot. Everyone on here has been great and I appreciate it more than you will ever know. Go Hoos

4 Likes

@Hoosthechamp and @HooDat sounds very special coming up with your daddys with one team to focus on guys. I know yall treasure that

3 Likes