A Moment of Silence ot Prayer

I feel a sense of comradeship in this group so I’m gonna ask for a favor. My Daddy, the greatest man I ever knew passed on Sunday night. He was the head of a very rabid devoted Wahoo family that reached out far pass my family. We live in Carroll County, Va. Known by many in this country as Frank Beamer country. Hold it right there. I’m my little rural community it probably has the highest per capitalist rate of HOO fans anywhere in the state. PapaHoo as he is called by many of his grandchildren was the head of the clan.I am very sad but very proud of this man. Would you please take a moment of silence or prayer to pay homage to this great Wahoo fan now watching our games in the greatest arena?

20 Likes

So very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing and very sorry to hear of your loss @Hoosthechamp. Reminder for all of us here on Life. Also its great that your comfortable letting this group know and the Unity if you will here.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss @Hoosthechamp. It certainly sounds like PapaHoo is leaving a lasting impact and that’s something to be proud of.

4 Likes

@Hoosthechamp Very sorry for the loss of your father. It means a lot that you have shared this with us.

3 Likes

Very sorry for your loss @Hoosthechamp. Thanks for sharing about how special a man your dad was and how great a fan of Virginia sports. I lived in Galax a few years growing up - it’s where I first became a Virginia fan. There are some great fans in that area who represent the Hoos with pride in southwest VA. Sounds like your dad was top of the list. Prayers for your family.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear this.

3 Likes

Sorry for you loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. Let’s get this win for your dad :fist::raised_hands::pray:

3 Likes

funny how these things work. This just showed up on my FB…

1991-92 foto

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for sharing that. Any idea what year that was?

1 Like

Praying for you and your family Chuck. I lost my father a little over a year ago. For me the best part of the UVA basketball resurgence was sharing it with him. I hope it gave you two as much joy as it did us.

I’ve gotten to know Chuck the last few years on twitter. He’s as genuine as it gets, absolute straight shooter. I’ve come to trust him and his opinion a lot. Ask his advice often. Glad he’s taking part in the community here.

9 Likes

91-92

2 Likes

Ah, may be some little brothers of friends in that photo. Thanks again for sharing.

2 Likes

Guy I know pictured is Tee Mcknight and another is Brian McDonnel. sounds like they were in eight grade. Thought interesting as you said you lived there some.

2 Likes

Yep, I moved from there in '83 and don’t know those guys. But I could probably dig up a photo from my 8th grade team that looks a lot like that one.

3 Likes

There are few things in life that are harder to deal with than the loss of a parent. There’s just nothing that can prepare you for it and thus it hits hard when it happens. I’m very sorry for your loss and will say some prayers for your dad. You dad certainly sounds like he was a truly wonderful man.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with your family today.

4 Likes

I lost my father a few years back so I know exactly how you are feeling. I still think about him every day and man do I wish I had him around to help me with my choices in the pick em contests. He would have really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing. My thoughts are with you and your family.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss, @Hoosthechamp.

I went to high school w/ Tee McKnight. He was class of 96 (and 2000 at uva) making that picture from 92 if it’s 8th grade.

4 Likes

Thats where I got the picture from Tee. 91-92 team

1 Like