🏀 ACC Basketball - January 2024

Pretty fun slate tonight. Pitt has to have this one. Wake needs to start winning these types of games to make the tournament, and Syracuse is playing good ball.

Predictions:

• Wake by 3
  • UNC by 2
  • Duke by 9

5 Likes

That UNC Pitt line coming off a Pitt loss is…… interesting

1 Like

Torvik has UNC by less than a point; it’s a road game and they aren’t too far away from each other in various advanced rankings. That the line is UNC by that much probably reflects some pessimism from Pitt’s performances against P6 teams so far.

2 Likes

I think the Heels are really good and have really good positional balance… but no real road tests yet so will be interesting… Wake should handle BC - but dark cold empty gyms can be tricky.
I can’t see Cuse hanging with Duke at Cameron Indoor… they’ll have to hit some threes but I do like Maliq Brown in his matchup

I would pick Clemson to win the regular season, maybe by a couple games even. But UNC is the team I think has the best chance to make a run in March.

1 Like

I would say UNC/Duke/Clemson appear to be the best so far. Miami will likely join them but has proved nothing yet.

UVA is trying to not fall in the abyss of spots 6-12 which literally could go in any direction and it wouldnt surprise me. The league is definitely stronger, so if we can get our act together and be more consistent, we can pick up some quality wins.

2 Likes

Wake looks like a team I can hate this year.

2 Likes

Could’ve used a BC win there

1 Like

Wake looks solid. BC not bad either.

Pitt is a mess though. Y’all think we like mid range and contested jumpers…

3 Likes

Wake is very good and will only get better once Monsanto comes back. Their main problem right now is depth and bench production.

2 Likes

TJ Power checked in and airballed a jumper. Would fit in real nice here

11 Likes

Despite having a terrible game, I like TJ Power at the 4 next year for us. Clearly can tell his shortcomings are from lack of comfortableness due to his limited minutes. More mobile than I remember.

Having not one but two guards (Roach and McCain) who can shoot smoothly and fearlessly the moment you give them any space will make our game vs them very “interesting” to say the least.

1 Like

Steve Forbes just crushes it in the portal. Amazing what he has been able do with the transfers he’s landed. Kudos to them for the evaluations and development.

I think if Monsanto comes back and can play anywhere near the way he did a year ago that Wake can challenge for top 4 in the league. It’s going to be tough to outscore them most nights if they’e at full strength. They can be dynamic offensively.

1 Like

Steve Forbes is a bag man. I thought this was well known.

edit: I do miss Boeheim as an adversary and the much needed asshat in the conference

2 Likes

Just realized how unbearable the Wake Forest game will be. Efton will probably get his way inside if Buchanan isn’t ready by then and there will be vocal voices on social media and forums about it.

Duke up 17 vs cuse and TJ Power still getting no run. He gone.

2 Likes

He was known as a “bag man” before NIL too.

1 Like

Forbes is ripping off Homer Simpson

Efton had a nice game last night, but he is still only shooting 45% on 2s. He still helps them because their other big man options are extremely underwhelming, but I’m not scared of him yet (especially relative to the other threats they have on that roster).

1 Like

Wake is going to be very tough to beat. I’ll be at the game though and I’m undefeated lifetime in UVA road games so we have that going for us

9 Likes

I co-sign this:

Who in the ACC is most annoying about this? I think I remembered seeing Earl Grant out of the box a ton in the one BC game I watched this season.

2 Likes