ACC Basketball January

Georgia Tech up 12 on Miami

1 Like

32-14 NC State lol

1 Like

State up 21. GT cuts it to 4 at the half. I think Miami wins this one but I think Duke is done in this one.

1 Like

News flash: it’s hard to win on the road in the ACC. Our road record the last decade is nothing short of insane.

Miami loss would help us a lot. Duke too but I’m less sold on them

4 Likes

Thought the women played tonight. Oh well, watching duke get doubled up in a half is a nice substitute.

1 Like

Yeah if nothing else the last few years just make me appreciate more how unbelievable the stretch from 13-14 to 18-19 was, even 19-20 really. Crazy to think that if we reverese the choke job vs Syracuse and the L to UMBC it would have been remembered even more fondly. Still we got a natty and 2 ACC tournament championships so I will take it.

2 Likes

Scheyer looks like a deer in head lights. Blakes fouls 3 times to end the half and State still drills a 3 at the gun. Why waste all those fouls ant the end of the 1st half.

2 Likes

Looking at the Duke board

1. Every fan base has a freshman that they are befuddled as to why their coach doesn’t play them more or at all. For Duke this year it is Jaden Schutt

2. According to 3 straight pages of comments on the topic, Jeremy Roach is the worst pg to have ever played at Duke even with the final 4 last year.

4 Likes

Thought the same. Terrible tactic to end the half

And if you’re gonna do it - bring in the scrubs to do it.

3 Likes

Yep. Said the same. Wasted a valuable one on Roach

The reality is that NC State has super length at the guard spot which is making the life of the Duke pgs a living hell. That and Duke not having their typical stud to throw the ball to in tough times in iso situation = not a fun time.

The same thing can happen if and when Reece shuts down Roach. Need Kihei to be a ball hawk/not get exploited too much guarding Proctor and for our bigs to rebound. That’s one thing they do well when I have watched Duke: Ryan Young and Filipowski on the boards.

Dariq Whitehead and Mark Mitchell are a step down from the usual studs Duke has at the 3 and 4 spot.

Filipowski gets a couple buckets around the rim then remembers he is practicing for the NBA and missing everything from 3

1 Like

13 Likes

A deer with mad cow disease, but yes, he does.

9 Likes

Is funny when he tries to get mad at somebody and now all imma see is this

1 Like

Winning on the road in the ACC is fucking hard.

52-26!

This is how State shot against us last year in Raleigh

2 Likes

hmmmm Terquaivion Smith is serious…I hadn’t seen state this year but they’re gonna be another problem like last year.

2 Likes