🏀 ACC Basketball March 2024

What’s sad about that? Casey is a good dude and fuck UNC

7 Likes

Rare instance I’ll root for VT. Extremely rare.

Also I always root for Morsell. He committed during a dark time of recruiting and post UMBC upset. Always loved him for that. Just wasn’t a fit

5 Likes

Yeah agreed, just feels weird rooting for NC State period,

1 Like

Well, in other programming Wake/VT game is pretty good. First half was all Wake, but Tech up by 10 now.

For what it’s worth.

3 Likes

So, Wake can’t win on the road (2-9 in ACC) and we can’t break 50 in a game. THAT’S why tourney bids are so hard to come by in the ACC.

3 Likes

How long until Notre Dame wins an ACC championship?

• less than 2.5 years
  • more than 2.5 years
0 voters

Shrewsberry should get coach of the year votes with a 12-17 team. It’s impressive

5 Likes

Down goes Clemson

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1764108701416542229

7 Likes

For sure. ND had heck of a week beating both Wake and Clemson. Good for them.

3 Likes

I saw this. Made me lol!

3 Likes

UVa would need like 20 minutes to go on a 3-0 run. I’m actually jealous.

It would be holding a bunch of all-Americans scoreless for a half while RD goes 3-13 from the FT line

7 Likes

And then in the second, Tony thinking the problem is our defense wasn’t continuous enough so in comes Andrew Rohde.

Sure, Elijah wouldn’t let Duke guards score in his possession, but was he continuous? How did he move without the ball?

I’m not bitter. Nope

3 Likes

I love when people say Elijah is bad on defensive rotations. Laughable even

4 Likes

Why do you think he doesn’t play if it isn’t about defensive rotations? What is the staff thinking?

I dont know. Elijah is maybe our 3rd best defender Rotations dont have to be perfect for guys like him and Justin Anderson types

3 Likes

I personally agree with this but even Justin had his minutes jerked around his first two years and the explanation was generally it was about positional defense

(My view of Tony’s view, not my own opinion) I think he’s a bit subpar in some of Tony’s non-negotiables. Not bad, but just a bit below expectation: ball security, offensive patience, defensive off-ball awareness. He has (or had) a path to being this years version of last year RD (athletic spark, rebounding, shot-blocking), but Tony needs the guard version of the guy to be a more secure ball handler, and probably a better shooter.

So that’s my no-judgment zone view of Tony’s view.

My judgment zone view is this: SO THE F WHAT, YOU STUBBORN CONTRARIAN! HE’S STREETS AHEAD OF THE JABRONIS YOU PLAY WHO ARE EITHER AFRAID OF THEIR OWN SHADOW OR ARE DANTE HARRIS!!

8 Likes

Yeah I get not playing Gertrude as much in Tony’s ideal world with the things Gertrude is falling short in.

But I mean… we all saw Rohde and Dante’s minutes last night… if that’s the bar being set… it’s a bar literally just set on the ground and this ain’t limbo

4 Likes

My sense is Elijah would steal Dante’s minutes if his handle and ball security were a bit better and get was generating any assists. It’s less about defense. I think offense is the bigger thing relative to Dante / our roster needs (eg a distributor when giving Reece a break).

(Not making a judgment on it here, just my armchair assessment / thought experiment)

2 Likes

I’ve said that’s the reason that Eli doesn’t play. I don’t agree with it by any means though!

I shared during the BC game that Dante played Tony’s system to a T. And got wrecked defensively but Tony loved it because he was “continuous”.

Eli doesn’t have that same level of instinct or familiarity. Which he doesn’t need in my opinion because he can recover like he does but it’s like nails on a chalkboard for Tony.

@Cuts_from_The_Corner wrote a bit more on it. But yeah, it’s not an Eli issue - it’s a Tony issue.

4 Likes