🏀 ACC Basketball Offseason 2024

Will say that the love fest for Burns during ACC play was pretty damn annoying, they treated the dude like he was the consensus ACCPOY.

For the most part I get the hype during this run given its March Madness, a generally more casual audience and NCST is on a Cinderella run. And Burns doesn’t seem like a bad kid or anything, but I do hate how players like him get away with blatant hooks in the paint just because they’re bigger and also how they get a lighter whistle on the other end so refs don’t get bombarded for fouling them out immediately.

2 Likes

The next post move we teach will be the first.

5 Likes

Thats because Big Daddy Burns plays offense offensively. Nothing timid when he gets the ball or around the ball. He heats the thing up and is decisive

7 Likes

He fouls. Some people are ok with it. Some people aren’t.

Counterpoint: most bigs in today’s game are soft.

3 Likes

Examples? Hahahahhah

Part of it is a function of the way the game is played now, but just look around the conference and who among the bigs is a banger? It’s really just Burns, and he’s been wildly inconsistent during his career. But it’s why he was able to bully his way through the ACC tournament.

I think the quickest way to back up my hot take is the fact that Armando Bacot had 87 double-doubles, and, well, he’s soft.

lol idk how it was back in the day but over the last 10-15 years every player that dominates the paint has people complain about the refs favoring them. Edey and Burns this year, Tshiebwe, Garza, Zion, Ayton, the list goes on. Almost like officiating the post is difficult and it’s human nature to favor the aggressor

1 Like

Back in the day if you complained out loud like that you just soft

Clemson featured Elden Campbell and Dale Davis up front. Grown ass men. UNC my last year had 5 seven footers. One of whom may or may not have been frozen for years

4 Likes

If we could just get a player they’d award 3 points to every time he made a lay up we’d rule! Anyone complaining about it would be sawft. Fuckin pansies.

It’s a good plan, but assuming our guy would make the and-1 is a bold prediction. :rofl:

5 Likes

Touché

My pithy take on this: it’d be nice to have a banger, but we NEED a guy to be able to stop a banger.

3 Likes

So Good Song GIF by Yeremia Adicipta

1 Like

Good insight - teach kids to foul and flop but smile the entire time and it will distract the refs from calling fouls.

Big loss for Pitt. Wish Dunn would do an announcement like this so we know one way or the other

https://x.com/Pitt_MBB/status/1775570511461769623?s=20

2 Likes

Not ACC but Tipton edits seem to have gone down hill graphically

3 Likes

Where has this world come to without a moon in every graphic
 or a shoe 6x the size of the player

4 Likes

And the 2019 national championship trophy.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/MikeLeslieWFAA/status/1775501002604482978/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1775501002604482978&currentTweetUser=MikeLeslieWFAA

3 Likes