ACC Coach of the year

As we approach half way through the season, does anyone stand out as the possible coach of the year in the ACC?

Va Techs coach. for me is not even close

4 Likes

What did he do (besides his recruiting class) that is so special?

1 Like

Roy Williams. His team has been highly entertaining…

……for UVA fans. But entertaining nonetheless.

4 Likes

What about the guy at Louisville?

2 Likes

He came into the ACC and is proving he is a great coach.

3 Likes

Agreed. Had something like 4 guys on the roster when he was hired. Has implemented his style of play effectively and has won games. Leonard Hamilton should also be under consideration. VT prolly has to make the tourney for Young to win. Mack will be in the conversation as well considering how much of a dumpster fire they were last season.

3 Likes

I’ll add: if UVA finishes top-4 in the ACC I’d put CTB on my shortlist considering how much we lost. That said, he’s not gonna win it due to the simple fact that we’ve regressed. This award tends to go to the coach of a team that is ridiculously good in ACC play, but if there’s not a team that is elite (i.e. 16-2, 17-1, or now like 17-3, 18-2) then it goes to the coach of the most improved team.

6 Likes

Chris Mack probably.

2 Likes

Chris Mack probably wins it but VTs cosch gets it if they finish top 4. That team was gutted when Buzz left.

As much as I hate to say it Young’s done more than I thought he would with what he inherited at VT. I’d rather see Mack get it.

1 Like

@BDragon
@ACCfanz

So far, I think Young should get it. He has done a remarkable job at VT this year.
I’m still suspicious of Lville. That’s probably unfair but I’d rather see Young get it than Chris Mack.

3 Likes

At this point I would say that Leonard Hamilton and Chris Mack are running pretty close

4 Likes

Forgot about Hamilton. He may be the most underrated coach in acc

5 Likes

I agree with @Hoosthechamp, it’s probably Mack or Hamilton. I don’t see it going to a coach who’s team finishes in the middle of the standings where it looks like Tech is going to be.

1 Like

I’d go with Hamilton, got FSU in the top 5…and they lost some players from last year too…especially Kabangele.

3 Likes

I would give the edge to Hamilton also. We all knew Louisville was going to be good. I believe most people picked FSU in the middle of the pack in the ACC

2 Likes