ACC Coaching Forecast - 2021

Thankfully American wasnt smart enough to get Jay. Also, how has Sanchez teams done? From far not sure he is in the running for somewhere like BC. Had he stayed with Virginia he proly would be

1 Like

BC’s a dead end job. Unless you’re a magician like Tony Bennett who could win at Washington State, no one should take their first head coaching job there.

1 Like

Is there anything lower than MAAC or NEC? Agree he shouldn’t go lower than America East or CAA level. C-USA or SoCon would be a great spot for a first head coaching gig.

When I think of Dawkins I remember that UCF team and Tako Fall. I think he can coach and could be gearing up for a jump for a major conference again.

1 Like

Agreed, BC is a surefire way to end your coaching career if you take it as a first job. JWilly deserves way better than being thrown to the wolves like Liam Neeson at the end of the Grey. Also agree with the sentiment on here that I doubt Ritchie (already in a solid situation and could do better with a jump) or Jeff (Seems happy in his current position) move, same for Ron feel like he’s still looking to establish himself.

2 Likes

I thought there was some talk in the past of Williford’s wife’s career as an attorney being a factor in where/if he takes another job, and why he might not take a job far away. Or am I off base?

1 Like

Heard that before. Would think any major city wouldn’t be a problem though since I believe she is a lawyer.

You’re right, maybe not that low. I think the MEAC and Big South are weaker, but it’s splitting hairs at that point. He should take a job where he at least doubles his salary and has at least a 400k assistant pool. That shows the school is at least committed to the basketball program enough that he can compete on his own merits.

2 Likes