ACC Tipoff Thoughts

Reece on preseason first team, but did not get any votes for preseason player of the year. Granted, preseason POY is kind of pointless, but it does show how much predetermined narrative he would have to overcome to win the award at the end of the year.

Virginia did get one first place vote.

9 Likes

9 Likes

no votes for Reece for POY is hilarious.

Just total inconsistency how a reigning DPOY, predicted to be first team, would garner 0 POY votes

4 Likes

Give me all the BC shares I can get to finish better than 12th. Iā€™d sell Miamiā€¦they should be good but I think people are underestimating what they lost. And Miami teams have typically been inconsistent. I could see them finishing 5th yet making an NCAA run again.

18 Likes

Agree on both though I think 6-12 could go a lot of ways

3 Likes

I donā€™t see a TON to argue with. Some placement issues on the ACC ranking, agree with HGN that BC is too low. Pitt is probably too high, really not impressed by their guards. VT Is too high as well I think given the Rice news, not sure if the pollsters knew about that when they voted. Cuse Iā€™d put higher, really like their talent 1-4 (Naheem Mcleod at the 5 is a hard pass) though obviously the coaching change generates questions. Reece as the only guard on the 1st team is a ton of respect.

5 Likes

I agree. Hearing UNC staff LOVES Cadieu as well. Iā€™d swap them and Miami personally.

2 Likes

How good was Miami last year? Iā€™m not one of those ā€œtourney games are just gamesā€ hipsters, but I will make an exception here. Even at the end of ACC season, I wasnā€™t that wowed by Miami

2 Likes

Agree with @HoozGotNext on Miami, which I have been echoing for months. But I would not sleep on Clemson; I could see them sneaking into the top 3.

5 Likes

Hoos finish top 3. Book it

6 Likes

I think fourth is a perfectly reasonable and maybe even generous pick for a team where only one player (perhaps two, at best) is a known quantity.

Yeah, 6 games in a day is too ambitious, but itā€™d be a hell of a lot of fun for a junkie.

Dividing the ticket allotment and stands into 18 pie pieces is going to leave a lot of people disappointed.

Hoos finish top 2 and it ainā€™t 2

9 Likes

Letā€™s goo

2 Likes

We are going to finish last

3 Likes

Did Digger Phelps pick Donald Hand (Jr.) to be ACC Freshman of the Year?

5 Likes