ACCT: Clemson vs UVA thread (9:30pm Friday)

I think Pitt and NC State are fortunate that there aren’t many potential bid stealers left. There’s Clemson, Vanderbilt, couple SEC teams, couple B10 teams, some AAC teams, Arizona State, Oregon and some CUSA teams.

3 Likes

Today’s brackets on Bracketmatrix:

NC State appears in 53/61 brackets
Pitt: 44/61
Clemson: 10/61

So NC State and Pitt are looking pretty good to get in, Pitt probably in Dayton, but I wouldn’t call them locks. Clemson almost certainly needs at least tonight’s win.

They all want to root against Penn St, Rutgers, AZ St, and Utah St today.

5 Likes

We’re also locked into playing more athletic lineups with Dunn and Kadin on the floor. I understand everyone hates that BVP’s career has ended the way it has, and he’s one awesome dude, but we’re a better team today than when this tournament started and it has everything to do with BVP not getting minutes.

7 Likes

Agree with this 110%. This could end up being a pivotal turn of events that changes the course of our postseason. The BVP movie we were watching the since late January was on repeat. BVP was mired in a bad spiral from the floor and the FT line … probably impacted by a back injury that seemed to be an ongoing issue that was unlikely to resolve.

1 Like

Apparently, the biggest change from last year is that we’ve gone from blaming Kihei for everything that was wrong with the team to blaming BVP.

7 Likes

But the one familiar constant is blaming Tony.

2 Likes

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

The only person I blame for every single one of our losses (and our less than perfect wins) is everyone on this website who doesn’t agree with all my takes. It’s their fault.

15 Likes

I hope that is not what happens. BVP was a good add to our team. He played well early and was great in the locker room. Somewhere along the way, he hurt his back and fell into a slump. With a back injury, it is hard to play with confidence when a spasm or a jolt of pain can pop up any time. My conclusion is BVP appeared to be stuck in this rut due to the injury and we really couldn’t expect anything different from here. The injury forced Sheds and Caffaro to step up and my fingers are crossed we continue to see the benefits.

1 Like

Tim Allen Trouble GIF by Last Man Standing

3 Likes

Serious BVP thought: I think that the optimal number of BVP minutes was somewhere between where we were playing him and zero. For me, it probably would’ve been about where we were minus 7 or so.

It stinks to not have him available, but it obviously gives us a bit more height and probably a bit stouter defense. But at the expense of offense and especially offensive versatility.

4 Likes

BVP served a purpose and helped the team find a spark when they were floundering. It’s tough to pinpoint any 1 thing that makes or breaks a team or a game, there’s too many moving pieces.
BVP being out hurts the team moving forward from a sheer numbers standpoint. It helps the team because it forces certain lineups that could be useful.

It’s all really circumstantial as both a BVP line and a BVP less lineup can be useful. But I generally believe losing a player is hurtful.

4 Likes

Well, it is all his fault so…

2 Likes

Check Bennett’s record against Brownell. Feeling good

3 Likes

Cartoon Thumbs Up GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

But records are made to be broken. UVA hadn’t ever beaten UNC in Greensboro until last night.

2 Likes

I got 15-3 since Brownell was hired in 10-11, the year after Tony.

Only one game in ACCT: 2018 SF. Hoos beat kenpom #14 and eventual S16 team 64-58 in BKN en route to the title.

5 Likes

Arrived today lock in a win.

12 Likes

I’d be tempted to start Dunn and use Shedrick vs #10. Might see some Taine tonight. Not sure how you play Caffaro vs these forwards with range.

6 Likes

Taine is a great call. He needs to be ready

3 Likes

Ok which one of us is next in ordering the signed Kihei coffee? We need to get ready for tomorrow.

7 Likes