ACCT: Clemson vs UVA thread (9:30pm Friday)

PJ Hall is going to get our bigs in foul trouble. He’s shorter and more mobile. Wasn’t a problem when BVP was on him.

2 Likes

UNC did pretty well on that front, too, and it ended up ok.

Yeah I just think PJ Hall is more dynamic then what Carolina could throw at us. Nance is soft and Bacot was injured. We were still in foul trouble (but I’ll accept the argument that was because the Carolina refs were activated).

1 Like

And I think we are looking at Greensboro, which is Fri/Sun.

2 Likes

Kadin logged 0 minutes last time we played Clemson and HGN mentioned it was likely due to the staff preferring Papi as a matchup on Hall defensively. I think without BVP we probably will need Kadin to play against Hall at times out of necessity with our lack of frontcourt depth, so I just hope he’s able to carry over his play against UNC and match Hall’s physicality. Also wanna see a large dose of Dunn on Hunter Tyson.

2 Likes

Credit to a poster elsewhere here. Hadn’t seen this video in a long time, but it’s hilarious. Shed as the Scott Sterling of college basketball. To me, this is endearing:

Leaving it all on the court

3 Likes

When I was at UVA, BC was good at basketball, and Louisville wasn’t our final-game rival. (On the latter note, why do we end with Louisville instead of Tech?)

1 Like

Louisville was a 1 for 1 replacement for Maryland.

2 Likes

Idk but to be honest I’ve grown to love the annual tradition of blowing out UL in our last game of the season.

11 Likes

Laziness. They did a control + F with Maryland and Louisville. Once the latter replaced the former in the league.

3 Likes

Listen to the last J-Willy show. In the 90s and before(?) Sr night was the Terps. They did not bother reconstructing the schedule when they left.

2 Likes

Another key stat last night was our guards’ rebounds. An absolute must vs UNCya lata

3 Likes

Oh, reminds me of another J-Willy show comment – back in the late 90s, we also had the “start the seniors on senior night” tradition. I distinctly remember Pete McLaughlin knocking down a three and the crowd going wild versus Maryland.

2 Likes

We talking Gillian era? We know he didn’t give a damn about strategy.

1 Like

Pete was a JJ disciple. I think he was on staff at American with J-Willy for a spell.

2 Likes

Actually looks like maybe J-Willy replaced Pete at American? J-Willy started at BU under Wolf and then moved to American for four years prior to UVa. I think Pete was an assistant in the early days of JJ at AU then got out of hoops.

(confusingly, I’m typing Pete, but that’s McLaughlin, not Gillen – different red-headed Irish Pete).

1 Like

Nah Pete was done coaching once he left UVa went to the booth with CBS/Westwood

-Edit that makes a lot more sense I was talking Gillian not McLaughlin.

2 Likes

see my parenthetical – sorry for the confusion

1 Like

I basically agree, but don’t forget that there is also one less, probably grueling, game that you don’t play. And, if we win that, then a second extra game along with one fewer day to recoup.

Having said that, no way I won’t super excited to get into the finals.

I think we should probably go ahead and play the game, but we really have no chance at all here. I expect Clemson’s team managers to be playing by mid way through the second half.

1 Like