Andrew Brown Podcast

Just got through the Andrew Brown podcast. Terrible story but great tale of resilience and perseverance at the same time. And looked up John Tenuta. He’s at Bass Tech? How the F is that man allowed to coach at another Virginia public institution (or really at all).

3 Likes

It was sad and disappointing to hear how badly he was treated. Mike London absolutely should have known that was going on and did something. Tenuta should never be in any kind of a role with power again.

1 Like

I had heard things about him but haven’t listened to the podcast yet. Can someone summarize?

His son is at Tech as well.

I think this says it all. Andrew went to introduce himself at winter workouts the first spring saying “what’s up coach” and Tenuta said “Get the F out of my face” and “who the F do you think you are trying to talk to me”

2 Likes

That all explains why Tenuta always seems to find work. Burns out quickly and moves on before it becomes a thing.

1 Like

Yeah, looking him up. He has never been in a gig for a meaningful amount of time. At least in my industry, that’s a huge red flag…

1 Like

Its not comoletely uncommon for a coach but seems like he never sticks for more than about 4 years and he’s never been tapped for an HC position also curious

1 Like

True of coaching industry and yeah, the lack of HC job is curious but now understandable if he treated players like he treated Andrew.

1 Like

Yeah I mean I remember everyone saying that Andrew wasn’t motivated or had other interests or whatever but if that was the coaching I got, I wouldn’t be motivated either. And how’s Mike London have a reputation as a players coach if he was letting his guys take that kind of treatment?

3 Likes