⛹ Andrew Rohde - Official Thread

Very good news. Big guard that can score and create has been been missing since Ty left. Very good news.

7 Likes

Leon Bond … from Milwaukee.

Andrew Rohde … from Milwaukee.

You’re next Kon Knueppel.

22 Likes
6 Likes

Reece Beekman is also from Milwaukee.

10 Likes

Rivals weirdly doesn’t include Rohde on their Transfer Ranking.

I’m getting way ahead of myself, but a Death Lineup of McKneely, Rohde, Bond, Dunn & Minor/Buchanan…

Happy Hugh Jackman GIF

3 Likes

A little bit of strength added and he can be Austin Reaves. Love the pickup

7 Likes

43 Likes

Hopefully he likes it enough to run it back one more year…

Tea Time Coffee GIF by Rapsody

15 Likes

What Reece means is he likes the phrase “The next chapter…” and is thinking of using it himself

12 Likes

I think he used (4) exclamation points on purpose :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Two full length games on YouTube. Good for those curious about defense.

Creighton:

Oral Bob (But not covering Abmas)

2 Likes

He’s got his girlfriend’s comment pinned to the top of his IG post announcement. Is that gonna be a problem?

I kid. Stoked about this pickup.

4 Likes

Need some hair stylists for iMac and Rohde, man. Someone make this into an NIL deal.

3 Likes

Someone needs to take them to Cherrydale and get them that Jayden Gardner high top fade!

5 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen…
We Got GIF - We Got Him - Discover & Share GIFs

8 Likes

Athletic article updated with “fit” on Rohde:

The Fit: Rohde and Isaac McKneely could be the next Ty Jerome-Kyle Guy tag team. They both sure look the part. There’s even some Jerome in Rohde’s game. The jump in levels is a huge one, but he comes from a system where he’s been taught to make high-level reads. (St. Thomas runs the John Beilein two-guard offense.) Rohde needs to improve as a shooter, but he has the feel and size to really produce at the high-major level. He’s also going to a place where there’s not a need for him to produce right away. Tony Bennett will develop him until he’s ready. I’d bet on it not taking too long, but whenever it happens, this is a place where Rohde’s skill set really fits how Virginia plays.

From here ($$)
https://theathletic.com/4388222/2023/04/10/transfer-portal-college-basketball-fits-commits/

19 Likes

Craziest stat I’ve seen from Rohde…

Of his 87 makes at the rim, only 16 were assisted

Of his 36 other 2 point makes, only 3 were assisted

Of his 55 3 point makes, only 40 were assisted. 15 unassisted makes doesn’t seem like much but UVA only made 17 unassisted 3’s as a team all year!

He did so much on his own, I’m hoping he’s being undervalued and his efficiency and percentages will improve a decent amount due to having other creators on the team creating better looks and opportunities for him.

42 Likes

No pressure. Only the best backcourt in program history and one of the best in ACC history.

5 Likes

That’s great info and also a reasonable conclusion.

2 Likes