⛹ Anthony Robinson Official Thread

On the bright side, who’s the last center we’ve had who put any English on the ball

5 Likes

Salt put some kiwi on his ball, or so I’m told.

5 Likes

Portal season has been great…so we got Harris, Rhode, as guards. Minor and Tanner as bigs with just 1 year…the 23 recruits Blake, Gertrude and this new kid. Maybe we got a shot with Cain and Reece comes back. Not sure of what we are looking for in 24. Still think you need that PG, wing a big as the Robinson kid is a project…reading that we are not going to recruit Sorber or Ngongba too hard…which I don’t get unless staff knows they aren’t interested in UVA…

Someone fill me in on what we need to get for 24…

4 Likes

Some say that we need Kon. Others says we don’t.

2 Likes

It appears as of right now a PG and a wing. I think if we were to land Cain that would turn into just a wing.

1 Like

Petinella FTs

2 Likes

Not Tanner Groves, his brother Jake

2 Likes

Pg, wing, and a stretch 4.

1 Like

Napoleon Dynamite, not Pick-up Game Abe Lincoln.

3 Likes

Do cinder blocks have rotation?

1 Like

So, youre saying there are pros and cons to his recruitment.

4 Likes

I love in his Hudl highlight video that ARob is trying to rip the rim down on every dunk

7 Likes

Or pros and people overthinking things :wink:

1 Like

Edited* whatever. Not thrilled with this pickup. And if they redshirt this guy my head will explode.

So you want a 3 star big man to play day 1? You don’t like the pickup but you want him to play immediately and would be mad if he transferred?

12 Likes

No I want him to sit and he can play maybe his 3rd or 4th year, and let’s keep it moving here. It’s almost as if Kadin Shedrick didn’t just happen? Amazing. A 3-star center desperation late recruit? Why t F are we investing in a redshirt here. This would never happen just 5 years ago. you know, like how this sport used to operate for the last 60 years until this “redshirt” thing started happening with tony.

I mean it literally did happen five years ago

5 Likes

What are you talking about? Kadin Shedrick has no similarities to this. We redshirt developmental big guys a lot 5 years ago. I understand the wanting to keep it moving part, but if he’s not good, he’ll transfer. Or he pulls a Taine Murray and will be happy on the bench. A guy like this will either contribute, or not be good enough to block others. We’re not hard pressed on scholarship numbers by any means.

3 Likes

99% of other college hoops teams take some frosh that they barely play and still don’t redshirt. The idea that’s “not fair” to the kid is something I’ve ONLY ever read on a UVa message board. So either we are the keeper of some special knowledge that others aren’t privy to…… or….

If we think year 5 of a guy is a payoff, then yeah sure, but the idea that a guy is not going to play so therefore redshirt is UVa fan brain.

4 Likes

hear me out - what if…we recruited a guy over 6’8 that wasn’t “developmental” for once? (oh wait we tried that with Traudt and still redshirted him SMH)

1 Like