Any word on Kody's status for FSU?

My understanding is that Kody was out against Wake due to a concussion. Is there any word on the severity of the concussion and if he will be active for FSU tomorrow?

4 Likes

It seems like a fairly new/recent injury so i would assume he’s out tomorrow. CTB probably touched on it tonight in his weekly interview so i can look thru that

He did, said it was day-to-day, most likely game-time decision. Said him and Casey bumped each other in a drill and it was just kind of awkward/freak how it happened. I doubt he’ll play, CTB did say he is in the Concussion protocol.

1 Like

Fair. Wishful thinking on my part that he would be available. It’s a quick turnaround, especially for an OT game and a thin back court. With the need for 3 point shooting against FSU, I was hoping we would have him back in case he decides to make a break through from beyond the arc.

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound too serious, if they played Thurs/Fri he might have a much better shot, hell he might play, but it’s probably pushing it.

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess it’s all Woldy then–although I would be surprised if Kihei doesn’t have a better shooting night after his performance at Wake. Rough shooting outing for him, but he’s generally shown the ability to sink them.

2 Likes

Woldy stepped up big time tho and honestly I wouldn’t be that surprised if he did it again

2 Likes

Honestly, that would be huge.

My hope for the rest of the season isn’t so much that players ‘break out’ (i.e., showcase a ceiling we weren’t aware they were capable of), but rather that the team and players play to their strengths (e.g., Casey and Braxton playing down hill, etc.) and find some consistency in play. I imagine for Tony that it’s a bit hard to play chess when the pieces on the board keep changing how they behave.

Don’t get me wrong – would love to see Casey’s, Kody’s, and Braxton’s 3 show up – but expecting ‘break outs’ as we enter February/March feels a bit fantastic.

4 Likes

1000000% agree

1 Like

He has to do so much. I believe it’s affecting his shot